- "We can't very well stay here by ourselves, can we? Let's just follow him for now but remain suspicious of his tricks."
- —Yuu, on deciding what to do
Yuu Tanaka is a survivor appearing in Dead Rising and Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop.
He is found in Sir Book-a-lot during the scoop Japanese Tourists with Shinji Kitano. As the name of the scoop suggests, he is a Japanese tourist who does not speak any English.
- Main article: Japanese Tourists
Yuu is found in Sir Book-a-lot in Wonderland Plaza with fellow tourist Shinji Kitano. As they speak no English and Frank speaks no Japanese, they are unable to understand each other at first.
Using a Japanese book, Frank is able to communicate with them in ungrammatical language. He offers to bring them to a safe place, and after some arguing Yuu and Shinji agree to follow him.
- Main article: Infinity Mode
Yuu appears at the Meat Processing Area from 4:07:00 to 5:00:00 carrying cabbage and is armed with a 2x4. He also carries Bowling Ball, Bass Guitar, Tool Box and Lead Pipe.
- Tanaka is an anagram of "katana", a Japanese weapon. However, Tanaka is a fairly common Japanese surname and the connection is likely a coincidence.
- Although Yuu is only able to speak Japanese, he calls for help in English.
- In Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, Yuu is found in Lovely Fashion House instead of Sir Book-a-Lot.
- Shinji and Yuu both have a photo op worth up to 5,000 PP each. Before joining, they will bow, prompting Frank to take a photo.
- Along with Shinji, Yuu is one of the best gunners in the game.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.