The Wingman is the secret combo weapon that is found in Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. The Wingman is a modified Queen that attacks zombies instead of infecting humans. The Wingman is made by combining a Queen and Nectar. Making a Wingman will award the player the secret trophy/achievement Tape It or DIE!.
Thrown: Throwing the jar works much like a grenade, killing all zombies in a short radius around where the jar shatters. However the queen is killed in the process.
- You can have up to 5 Wingmen following you at once.
- If you have a firearm out while you have a Wingman, they will have invincible durability and they will not disappear, allowing an unlimited number of kills. If you drop or swap the firearm, then they will start deteriorating with each kill they make.
- The firearms that count a weapons that do not deteriote the Wingmen are: Shotgun, Handgun, LMG, Sniper Rifle, Assault Rifle, Six Shooter, Boomstick, Freedom Bear, Merc Assault Rifle, Toy Spitball Gun, and Fire Spitter.
- A quick way to acquire the Nectar to make the Wingman is to combine 2 orange juice or 2 Apples at the Rojo Diablo Mexican Restaurant blender, at the Food Court. An alternative method would be to pick up Jelly Beans at the table in Stylin' Toddlers and mix it with Beer at the Shots & Awe bar at the Americana Casino.
- Roy's Mart in Royal Flush Plaza always has 4 bottles of orange juice, and if you have enough inventory space, you can take them into the Slot Ranch Casino Bar and blend either: OJ + Vodka or OJ + Beer. Better yet, just mix the OJs together for 2 quick Nectars. Then, get a Queen or two if you haven't already!
- To acquire a Queen (Dead Rising 2) quickly, kill the zombie at the Safe House exit. There will always be a zombie with a Queen in front of the double doors, just look for the zombie with a bee on their neck glowing orange. Saving and reloading the area will allow you to acquire more Queens.
- If you have lost your Wingman/men while you have a firearm out, you can enter a new area and your Wingman/men will reappear.
- Never throw a Wingman. Throwing the bottle kills the Queen.
- They can slow down Gas Zombies, but cannot kill them.
- Driving in a vehicle, carrying a survivor, or picking up a heavy object will all remove your Wingmen invincibility.
- Moving too quickly will put you out of reach of your Wingmen, however, their kills will not lower their durability if they are not in visible sight.
- If a visiting co-op player makes a Wingman and then leaves the game, the Wingman will remain. It will respawn in the new area every time the host player changes areas. However, it will not follow the host player, nor will it fight if zombies approach it.
- Considering that this combo card creates a golden version of the queen bee, this is possibly a reference to "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past"'s secret "Good Bee", that assisted you when released by killing enemies.
- The weapon appears to work by feeding a Queen wasp the "Nectar" mixed drink, as a yellow fluid can be seen at the bottom of the jar.
- It does not matter what level you are when you create this weapon. You will always receive a Combo Card for creating the item.
- It should be noted that neither the nectar nor the queen are labeled with the wrench icon that other combinable items are seen with, this shows that it is a secret Combo Weapon.
- The Wingman does not disappear when you enter the Saferoom, even though you cannot use weapons there.
- It is impossible to get a Scratch Card for the Wingman. In the DLC, you can obtain queens and make Nectar, but you cannot make a Wingman.