- " I see two guys in Hot Excitorama. They look like they are laughing ... or fighting. It's hard to tell. You should check it out, but be careful."
- —Stacey Forsythe
- "I see two guys in From Fortune With Love at the theme park. I'm not sure if they're laughing or fighting."
- —Stacey, Off the Record
In Dead Rising 2, this mission takes place in the Silver Strip starting at 11pm on the third day. In Off the Record, Royce and Walter are instead found in From Fortune With Love inside Uranus Zone at 6pm on the first day.
Upon arriving at Hot Excitorama, Chuck finds the two men arguing but they stop once they notice that Chuck is in the store. Chuck offers to escort them to the Safe House but they refuse saying that Chuck has to help them settle their argument about who's the better comedian first. Both make a joke, with exactly the same punchline.
- Walter: "What does a vegan zombie eat?"
- Royce: "What does a zombie get by eating messy?"
Then Chuck has to give the Comedy Trophy on the counter of the store to the most deserving in his opinion. There are two possible outcomes.
- Giving the Trophy to Royce
If Chuck gives the Trophy to Royce he will join immediately, Walter will also join if you talk to him. Although he will cry all the way to the Safe Room, it won't affect his ability to defend himself.
- Giving the Trophy to Walter
While it seems like there is no difference between the two, Royce is very arrogant; giving him the award keeps him happy, and the pair will follow Chuck; giving the award to Walter makes Royce upset, and he will refuse to move unless Chuck gives him $5,000.
- Dialogue of the mission in the Off the Record game files. All text may not be actually used in the final game.
I see two guys in From Fortune With Love at the Theme Park. I'm not sure if they're laughing or fighting.
No way are you funnier. I've been telling jokes since you were in diapers.
Yeah, I can tell. Your material is so old it's in Sanskrit.
Whoa, a living person!
Yeah, he must not have heard your set... Maybe he can settle this?
What's going on?
We were here for the Fortune City Comedy Festival. Both of us were up for the Comedian of the year, but the zombies attacked before we could find out who won.
Yeah, help us out here. Listen to both of our jokes, and then give that award on the table to the one you think is funniest.
What does a vegan zombie eat?
What do sloppy zombies get on their clothes when they eat?
YES! I would like to thank the Academy and all the little people I had to stomp to get here. I kid, I kid.
BOO YAH! You can go cry to your wife about this. Oh, and tell her I said thanks for the incredible evening.
You have no respect for other people!
We were both up for the Comedian of the Year, but these zombies stole the show, and they are one hard act to follow.
We will each tell you our best joke, and you give the trophy on the counter to the one you think is funniest. Which, obviously, will be me.
If you do that, we'll come along with you. If you can stand up after laughing your sweet ass off.
Hey Pal, you gotta help me out.
Grandpa over there and I were both in town for the Fortune City Comedian of the Year award.
I was killing the crowd with my jokes, then these zombies come around and start killing 'em for real! I can't stand to be upstaged!
Those zombies are still out there, but if you follow me, I can get you to safety.
Nothin' doin' pal, we were gonna find out who the Comedian of the Year was, and we ain't leaving till we do!
Just listen to my joke, and Walter's sad attempt, and give the trophy on the counter to the funnier one.
We'll follow you after I get my trophy. Because I am the man, my friends.
Graaaaaaainnnns!!! Ahahahahaha!! Grains! Get it?
Staaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss! Ohhh, snap!! Stains! I kill me! Ahahahaha!
Whoa. Tough crowd.
- This is the only time the melee weapon, Comedy Trophy, can be found. This weapon counts towards the Head Trauma achievement.
- Breaking the Comedy Trophy will cause both survivors to defect.
- Whoever gets the Comedy Trophy will refuse to let it go.
- This holds true even if you kill the "winner", retrieve the Comedy Trophy, and then gave it to the "loser".
- The mission gets it's name from the American 70's sitcom Three's Company, with the exception that is says Two's not Three's.
- The message screen for this mission in Off the Record states: