Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "Could you go to the North Plaza and meet up with Cletus, the gun shop owner? I'd like you to get him to help us if you can. If we can get Cletus to help us, then we'll be able to buy weapons. That would be good for you, too, right?"
- —Otis Washington, Chop Till You Drop
Frank arrives to the Huntin' Shack to find a fellow survivor trying to reason with the gun shop owner. The owner refuses to let the two men come any closer and shoots his shotgun as a warning. James claims that he just wants some guns so he can survive. Going against Cletus' warnings, he advances towards him and is killed with a buckshot to the chest as a result. James flies out of the store and Frank is left alone to battle Cletus.
After Cletus is tired out from the gunfight, he stumbles out of the store into an undead James and is killed, leaving the gun shop empty and available for Frank to take weapons.
Chop Till You DropEdit
In Chop Till You Drop, Cletus does not have to die. Instead he will agree to sell you guns, ammo, upgrades, and books, that is if you choose to save him. In Chop Till You Drop, completing The Gun Shop scoop with an S rank and saving Cletus will allow Frank to take on the scoop Gun Shop Standoff.
James: Look, mister, if we're gonna fight these zombies we need guns!
Cletus: Stay back! I trust them damn zombies about as far as I can throw 'em, but I trust people even less!
James: Don't shoot! Let's talk this over.
Cletus: You can talk to my 12-gauge. Don't get no closer or I'll blow y'all to kingdom come.
Frank: Hey, hang on.
Cletus: Damn! Damn, mister! C'mon now! Wh-What're you crazy! You want... You want guns so bad... that y'all are willin' to kill for 'em!?
Cletus: Lemme go!
Frank: Hey, wait!
Cletus: No! No!
- When Cletus takes a drink of wine, he gives Frank the opportunity to take his picture for a photo op.
- In Dead Rising, this scoop can be activated and not completed. Cletus will remain in the Huntin' Shack until 12 a.m., September 21st, an hour before Gun Shop Standoff is activated.
- ↑ a b Dead Rising: Game Script, GameFAQs.com, (January 5, 2009).
- ↑ a b Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. 52