- "Could you go to the North Plaza and meet up with Cletus, the gun shop owner? I'd like you to get him to help us if you can. If we can get Cletus to help us, then we'll be able to buy weapons. That would be good for you, too, right?"
- —Otis Washington, Chop Till You Drop
Frank arrives to the Huntin' Shack to find a fellow survivor trying to reason with the gun shop owner. The owner refuses to let the two men come any closer and shoots his shotgun as a warning. James continues to try and negotiate with the gun shop owner.
Going against Cletus' warnings, he advances towards him and is killed with a buckshot to the chest as a result. James flies out of the store and Frank is left alone to battle Cletus.
After Cletus is defeated, he stumbles out of the store into an undead James and is killed, leaving the gun shop empty. This will allow Frank to access the weapons in the Huntin' Shack.
Chop Till You DropEdit
- In Chop Till You Drop Cletus does not have to die. Instead he will agree to sell you guns, ammo, upgrades, and books if you choose to save him.
- In Chop Till You Drop, completing this scoop with an S rank and saving Cletus will allow Frank to take on the scoop Gun Shop Standoff.
- When Cletus takes a drink of wine, he gives Frank the opportunity to take his picture for a photo op.
- In Dead Rising, this scoop can be activated and not completed. Cletus will remain in the Huntin' Shack until 12 a.m., September 21st, when Gun Shop Standoff is activated.