- "I DON'T ALLOW VANDALISM IN MY STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!"
- — Steven, on vandalism
Frank encountered Steven when he entered Seon's Food & Stuff in order to obtain medicine for the injured Brad. As he approaches the pharmacy, Steven confronted Frank with a shopping cart reinforced with multiple blades and a pitchfork that held an unconscious Isabela in it. Steven accused Frank of vandalism and ignored Frank's explanation that he needed medicine. He said that Isabela had also claimed that when she came by to vandalize his store. After declaring that he did not allow vandalism in his store, he attacked Frank.
After Steven was defeated, he cradled a cash register and wondered aloud who will take care of the store when he was gone. He died after wishing Frank a nice day and declaring "Clean up! Register six!" Frank later retrieved the Pharmacy key from his body.
Charge: Steven charges towards Frank, damaging him and knocking him over if he does not avoid in time.
Spin: When Frank is nearby or Steven has to change directions, he will spin the cart around quickly.
Kick: When Frank is behind Steven, he will launch his legs backwards in a kick. This will also propel his cart forward. On occasion, Steven will use this attack to close the distance between him and Frank. This attack is a Photo Op.
Shotgun: If Frank is far away or on top of a shelf that Steven cannot reach with his cart, he will pull out his shotgun to shoot at Frank. This attack is capable of knocking Frank to the floor.
- Photo Op: Up to 5,000 PP
- Psychopath Defeated Bonus: 10,000 PP
- The song that plays during his fight is "Fly Routine" by Hostile Groove.
- The picture on his name tag on his uniform shows him with a full head of hair, as opposed to how he is balding in the game, suggesting that he has been working at Seon's for some time before the events of Dead Rising.
- He shares the same name with English cricketer Steven Chapman, American Musician Steven Curtis Chapman.
- His cart makes an appearance as a Hyper Combo for Frank in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, only with a generic zombie (and a Servbot head) inside it instead of Isabella, and chainsaws instead of cleavers.
- Steven is the attacker of a man named David Bailey in the scoop Shadow of the North Plaza.
- Steven is similar to Brent (Slappy) since when they are defeated they jump back up and say something before finally dying.
- In infinity mode, Steven and Brock are the only psychopaths who are never seen in their original locations.