- "Hey, Chuck / Frank, if you go to the Yucatan Casino, watch out. It looks like there’s a tiger running lousy in there."
- —Stacey Forsythe.
When Chuck arrives at the Yucatan, he tries to help a frightened man before he is captured by Ted Smith, who has plans of feeding him to Snowflake due to the lack of fresh meat. When Chuck tries to offer Ted the idea of having Snowflake eat zombies, he denies the proposal, deeming zombies as "spoiled meat". When Chuck tries to calm Ted down, he uses the word "slow" that enrages Ted and he has Snowflake attack him. However, Chuck is able to defeat Ted and tame Snowflake with a few steaks.
Once Snowflake is calm, Chuck can bring her to the safe house. If Chuck checks the manager's office before leaving the casino, he can also rescue Lenny Mooney. Lenny will show Chuck how to turn on all of the slot machines in the casino before he joins Chuck's party.
When saved, Snowflake will stay in the same room as Katey, and can be presented to her as one of the Gifts for Katey.
- Dialogue of the mission in the Off the Record game files. All text may not be actually used in the final game.
Look what I found you, pretty girl.
Hey, uh, there are lots of zombies around here.
Maybe she could eat those.
No! No! Not zombies! That meat is rotten! Like all her food now.
It went bad. She needs meat. Fresh meat.
Sure, sure, I can get some fresh meat. Steak!
Maybe I'll go look for some.
People not been very good to me.
Not like Snowflake.
Snowflake my friend.
Whoa, listen, let's talk this over. What's your name?
Theodore... but everyone call me Ted.
Ted, huh? That's a nice name.
We just need to slow down and talk this over, Ted.
Nice and slow.
NO!!! Ted not slow!
They all said that!
Ted not slow!
Stop saying that!!
See, people not nice!
Snowflake... go and eat your fresh meat... nice and slow...
Ted no feel so good...
Are you still hungry, girl?
Take me, Snowflake!
Ted feed you! Ted take care of you...
Fresh meat... just for you, kitty...
Kitty... kitty... time for supper...
Defeating Snowflake can be difficult, but is far from impossible. Generally, quick weapons with repetitive strikes, or heavy weapons with single strikes are the best method. Her tactics are easily discernible, and because she only targets Chuck and zombies, most of the time, survivors are not as vulnerable as in other boss battles. Her most visible attack is a lunge, which is preceded by her running away from Chuck. Dodge-rolling, or running in a sharp angle can avoid this, opening her up for attacks. Her other attack is a quick trot towards Chuck, before leaping and clawing. Be aware that if she successfully lunges upon Chuck, she will proceed to maul him for additional damage.
If Chuck needs food during the battle, run to Baron Von Brathaus restaurant, which has several kinds of food and a blender. Chuck can mix two wines to create Quick Step. The magazine Health 2 is also found here, which when held, restores health by 100%.
To tame Snowflake:
- Ted needs to be killed first.
- Snowflake needs to be thrown and eat three pieces of steak.
|Yucatan Casino (3)||
|Yucatan Casino Upper Platform (1)||One piece on the upper platform|
|Baron Von Brathaus (1)||Table along the wall|
|Wild West Grill House||Food Court|
|Chris's Fine Foods (∞)||Palisades Mall second floor|
|Royal Flush Plaza||Leap on the phone booth near Ragazines to the broken walkway above. Jump to the higher flower box. Travel to the loft of the Players store.|
Drop the steak in various places, preferably near where you found the steak in the pen. When you see Snowflake coming, position yourself so that the steak is between you and her. Snowflake should notice the steak and slowly advance toward it, then eat it, restoring some health. Make absolutely sure that she goes through the eating animation successfully; occasionally a zombie will swipe at her while she's eating, thus interrupting the animation and forcing you to try again. Repeat the process three times with the steak provided in her pen to successfully tame her.
- Snowflake's and Ted's boss music is Narrow Escape by Celldweller.
- Snowflake and Bibi Love are the only two psychopaths that can be saved in Dead Rising 2.
- If Chuck were to tame Snowflake before killing Ted, she will still be a survivor like normal although Ted will be hostile to Snowflake and will attack her.
- In Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, taking a photo of Snowflake eating Steak awards up to 1000 Drama PP, enough for Raw Emotion achievement.
- If Chuck leaves the area and the load screen appears, and he returns, he will need to still feed Snowflake three meats all over again even if he had already fed her.
- Like most missions, there are additional items especially for this mission found in missions.txt:
- The submission to restore power to the Yucatan is called "PowerYucatan" in missions.txt.
- The name of the mission is referred in the game files as "Snowflake" and "Fresh Meat"
- The author of the Dead Rising 2 Prima Official Game Guide uses two names for this mission: "Ted and Snowflake" and "Snowflake Boss Battle"
- The Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Official Strategy Guide refers to the mission as "Ted and Snowflake" also.
- Gamespot refers to this mission as "Nice and Slow" in reference to the what Ted says, "Snowflake... go and eat your fresh meat... nice and slow..."