Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "I saw somebody in the North Plaza. He was leaving the supermarket. He was in a real panic too. Somethin' must be after the poor guy."
- —Otis Washington
David is initially frightful and tries to crawl away in fear, but relaxes after Frank claims that he is not a bad guy. David then reveals that he has tried to get food from the supermarket, but was attacked by an insane man accusing him of shoplifting.
He says that he cannot walk far on his leg, and Frank offers to assist him back to the Security Room.
Conversation with David
David: Aaaah! No! Please! Leave me alone!
Frank: Take a good look at me man. Do I look like a zombie to you?
David: Are you one of the good guys?
Frank: I'll take you to a safe place. You'll be better off there.
David: I'd love to go but I will not make it far on this leg!
Frank: What? What's wrong with your leg?
David: I wanted to get some food from the MARKET, but this crazy guy tried to kill me! He said I was shoplifting and he was gonna punish me. He was totally nuts man. Just insane!
Frank: I cannot just let you stay here pal. If you cannot walk, I'll support you.
David: Seriously? You'd do that for me? What a nice guy. Thanks!
- In Beta version, David acted almost calmly, and can be seen being carried on Frank's back.
- In Chop Till You Drop, completing this scoop rewards Frank with a small chainsaw.
- Otis will usually call Frank on Day 1, September 19, 11:00pm with this scoop, unless there are 8 savable survivors which can be rescued.
There is food in this empty store (N111) which is only here during this mission:
- ↑ Unofficial store number, see North Plaza store map
- ↑ Hall, Kevin. Dead Rising: Game Script by Berserker, GameFAQs, (January 5, 2009).