- "'tis said that death once stalked the hills: a man accused of most gruesome kills. Now his soul lives on, as does his thirst to rend-his darling presence heralding Willamette's end!"
- —Scare King taunting Frank
Frank encounters the Scare King in a barn, which suddenly bursts into flames before several men with sacks on their heads attack him. Frank must fight these men before the Scare King himself. After defeating him, Paula calls and informs him that the Scare King was actually the elementary school drama teacher.
- The costume found where you fight the Scare King looks strikingly similar to the costume worn by Jason Voorhees in the sequel to the classic 1980 movie "Friday the 13th".
- The Scare King is the only Maniac who is given some level of a confirmed backstory - that being he was an elementary school drama teacher.
- To spectulate a little on this, it's quite possible that "The Scare King" was actually a character from a play of his.
- Not including James (the Lieutenant), The Scare King is the only Maniac to wield a ranged weapon - a Fire Starter. On top of that, he's the only Maniac who drops a second weapon when killed (a free Raining Nails)
- The Scare King (and his followers) are immune to any fire-based attacks. Weapons like the Raining Nails or Molotovs (which are usually effective against human enemies) have no effect on him.
Credit to Xbox Live user GOSEIRED for high quality screenshot.