- "Take a look out there! If those ain't zombies, then what would you call 'em?"
- —Ryan LaRosa, on zombies
Ryan LaRosa is a victim appearing in Dead Rising. He was found in the Entrance Plaza of the Willamette Parkview Mall. He was killed when Lindsay Harris removed the barricades and allowed the zombies to break into the plaza.
Ryan was first seen erecting a barricade at the Entrance Plaza with Chris Hines and Freddie May. When Frank West walks into the plaza from the Security Room, Ryan explains the zombie outbreak to Frank, then orders him to scavenge for items to add to the barricade. When the zombies broke into the plaza, he was killed along with Chris and Freddie.
Ryan appears in Wonderland Plaza (Run Like The Wind) at 3:00:00 - 3:07:00 and is armed with a golf club. When killed, he drops zucchini, a 2" X 4", a baseball bat, a bowling ball, and a fire extinguisher.
- The voice actor for Ryan LaRosa is Bill Farmer.
- In the introduction cutscene, he is seen carrying a propane tank to the barricade. But after the cutscene, the propane tank is out of sight.
- After the cutscene of the zombies entering he can be seen back towards the fountain. He has no green health bar on him, making it impossible to "save" him.
- He is the first character to use the word "Zombies" in the series.