- "Thomas! We're doin' this to survive. You know that."
- —Roger Hall
Roger Hall is a psychopath in Dead Rising. He is the patriarch of the Hall family, leading his two sons Jack and Thomas in the post-zombie outbreak Willamette. Using a sniper rifle, he hunts down zombies and survivors indiscriminately. Roger is found in the Entrance Plaza during the scoop Mark of the Sniper.
Roger, Jack, and Thomas Hall are encountered when Frank West arrives at the Entrance Plaza to rescue Wayne Blackwell, who has been pinned behind the counter of Estelle's Fine-lady Cosmetics by the trio. Roger encourages Thomas to shoot Frank, claiming that they're doing it to survive. Thomas, though initially torn, decides to heed his father's and brother's orders.
After he is defeated, he dies and drops a sniper rifle.
Roger (along with Jack and Thomas) appears at Leisure Park at 0:00:00 - 2:00:00 and the Entrance Plaza at 5:07:00 - 5:19:00 and is armed with a sniper rifle. When killed, he drops a pack of cookies, an orange, a golden brown pizza, a fire ax, and a hunting knife.
Roger attacks using a sniper rifle from afar, but lacks any close range attack. He will run away if Frank approaches him, until he is at a safe distance.
Sniper Rifle: Roger's only attack is to fire his sniper rifle from afar. He is the most accurate of the trio, nearly never missing even when Frank is moving. After firing each shot, he needs to take a second or so to bolt a new round into the chamber.
- Photo Op: Up to 10,000 PP
- Psychopath Defeated Bonus: 15,000 PP
Defeating Roger rewards Frank with a sniper rifle
Defeating Roger, Jack, and Thomas allows Frank to rescue the following survivor:
- Roger is pictured in the "Perfect Gunner" Achievement, referencing his proficiency with firearms and his expert aim.
- Roger Hall's voice actor, Steve Blum also voices Cliff Hudson, another psychopath found in Dead Rising.
- Just like the Hunters from Dead Rising 2, The Hall family are the few psychopaths that don't have an end of fight cutscene. After killing each member, you get a "Psychopath Defeated" bonus message. This differs from other psychopaths who fight in pairs, such as Roger Withers and Reed Wallbeck in Dead Rising 2 as you don't earn the PP bonus until both are defeated (and then an ending cutscene plays, regardless of which one is defeated first).
- Jack and Roger are the names of two antagonists in the novel "Lord of the Flies". In the novel, both Jack and Roger are part of a group of primitive hunters who pressure others into joining them.
- They are the only psychopaths that don't have a theme.
- His face bears an uncanny resemblance to the Sniper class from 2007 game Team Fortress 2, notably the glasses and the lower face section.