Chuck gets a call about a man in a diner. Upon investigation, Chuck finds Richard Kelly scouring the place for food. In order for Chuck to recruit him, he needs to give him some food. Once satisfied with his snack, he calms down and follows Chuck to safety. Upon reaching the Safe House, he'll give Chuck a box of Zombrex.
|"If you'd been there what would you have done differently?"|
|This article is non-canon and not considered part of the official Dead Rising story.|
This mission proceeds identically to the original Dead Rising 2, except that Richard is located at Chris' Fine Foods instead of Dining at Davey's.
Richard becomes the subject of a mutiny mission after he begins harassing the women in the safe house to satisfy his other "appetites". When Frank tells him to stop, he asks for a magazine from Hot Excitorama in order to satisfy his urges, or else he won't be able to restrain himself. If he is not placated, several of the female survivors are forced to flee the safe house to escape from him.
Richard accepts mixed juices.
- Richard is very similar to Ronald Shiner because he's overweight and needs food before he'll join Chuck. However, Richard is not as greedy as Ronald as he won't start a mutiny. The similarities are even stronger in Off the Record, as Richard is the subject of a particularly odious mutiny mission where Frank must provide him with a pornographic magazine to prevent him from assaulting the women in the safehouse and forcing them to flee.
- Richard's notebook picture shows him with light brown skin, brown hair and a purple shirt, looking nothing like his actual in-game model. Though its possible that this was the beta Richard
- Richard shares the same face as Jack Ellis and Carlos Mertiz.
- If you give Richard a Spoiled Hamburger, which is rotten food, he will still say it looks delicious and quickly eat it, then vomit. This won't let him be recruited, so you still have to give him some non-spoiled anyway after that.
- When rescued, the amounts of healing items in the safehouse will be drastically decreased.
- If you don't have any food in your inventory, there is a vending machine outside where you can buy Snacks for $100
- In Dead Rising 2: Off the Record he is found in Chris' Fine Foods (Dead Rising 2) instead of the Dining at Davey's.