Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "Wh-Wh-Who's there? Stay-Stay back! Stay back! Get-Get any closer an' I'll-l-l light this place up! I suppose you came here to l-l-laugh at me too?!"
- —Paul, when noticing Frank
Long Haired PunkEdit
- Main article: Long Haired Punk
Frank investigates the Casual Gals store and encounters Paul as he is terrorizing Mindy Baker and Debbie Willett. He accuses them of laughing at him, and threatens them with a Molotov Cocktail. As Frank approaches, Paul notices him when he knocks over a gas can. Paul tells Frank to stay away from him, forcing Frank to fight back.
After he is defeated, Paul tries to light up another Molotov cocktail. As he finally succeeds, he stumbles over the same gas can Frank knocked over, sending him crashing onto the floor. The Molotov lands in his lap and lights him on fire, providing Frank with a photo op.
If Frank chooses to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher, Paul will apologize for what he did, claiming he didn't know what he was thinking. He then agrees to cooperate with Frank if he'll escort him to the security room. After his defeat, Frank will also be able to recruit Mindy Baker and Debbie Willett.
- Main article: Paul's Present
Otis will later call Frank on the radio saying that some guy named 'Paul' wants to talk to him. He first asks Frank to promise a helicopter will be arriving to rescue them, then requests him not to reveal to any of the others what he had done. Frank agrees, and in return Paul provides him with a supply of Molotov cocktails.
- Main article: Infinity Mode
In Infinty Mode, Paul first appears in the Entrance Plaza from 0:00:00 to 0:19:00 and is armed with Molotov Cocktails, Pipe Bombs and Explosive Toy Cars. In his equipment he carries a Squash, an Orange Juice, a Well Done Steak, a Lead Pipe and Bowling Ball. Later Paul appears in Wonderland Plaza from 6:19:00 to 7:00:00 and he carries the same items he had before.
Paul attacks with various explosives, including pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails. As he is not immune to the explosion of his own attacks, he can be damaged if he is within the radius of the explosion.
- Pipe Bombs: As Paul runs, he will regularly drop pipe bombs on the floor. They explode after seconds, creating a trail of explosions behind him to keep Frank at distance.
- Molotov Cocktail: On occasion, Paul will stop to light up a Molotov cocktail. He will then lob it at Frank, causing an explosion that deals heavy damage and sends Frank flying. If Paul is hit while he is trying to throw the Molotov cocktail, he will drop it, causing it to explode where he stands.
- Remote-Controlled Cars: Paul is also capable of sending remote-controlled cars rigged with explosives at Frank. The cars will travel towards Frank and explode once they are in contact with him. They can be shot and detonated at a safe distance.
- Paul is the only psychopath in Dead Rising that can be rescued as a survivor.
- Paul's last name, Carson, is a reference to the word arson, which relates to his pyromaniac tendencies.
- The song that plays during the fight with Paul is from the Dead Rising OST. It is performed by Hideki Okugawa and Marika Suzuki.
- If Paul is killed with one of his own weapons in Infinity Mode, then his cardboard box does not appear. Although he appears as soon as the game starts, this can be troublesome since his second appearance isn't until 6 days and 19 hours in-game.[Verification needed]
- Paul is essential for the Transmissionary achievement because Otis calls for Paul's Present, but this scoop will not be available if Paul was not saved.
- Paul does not appear in Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop.
- if Paul is saved, he will have no voice while being escorted.