The Paddlesaw is a combo weapon in Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. It is a double-ended kayak paddle with chainsaws duct-taped to each end. It is made by combining a paddle and a chainsaw. It is a heavy weapon and cannot be stored in the player's inventory.
- Primary: Tap the / button to sway each side up and down, causing dismemberment to zombies on either side of the player.
- Secondary: Hold the / button to "swim" through a group of zombies, paddling as if the player were in a kayak.
- Thrown: Hold down the / trigger to go into aim mode, then tap / to throw the Paddlesaw.
Occasionally, the Paddlesaw will fall through the ground when dropped, resulting in it being lost.
- In an advertisement in the Official Xbox Magazine (October 2010 issue), the Paddlesaw is shown with a different appearance; the chainsaws are dark blue and the paddle is wooden.
- The Paddlesaw is a great weapon against the hunters, as you move and attack at the same time. At high speed and delivering high damage, you can even kill all the hunters without getting damaged.
- According to the Making Of documentary, the Paddlesaw was one of the first combo weapons to be designed by the development team. It was also one of the first combo weapons ever shown, along with the Slicecycle.
- When early gameplay footage was released, it showed the Paddlesaw laying on the ground, pre-made, along with the Blitzkrieg when you beat the demo.
- It is shown on the North American and European covers of the case of Dead Rising 2. This makes it one of the three "icon combos" in the franchise, along with the Spiked Bat in the Japanese versions of Dead Rising 2's cover and the Sledge Saw for Dead Rising 3.
- It is one of the weapons Frank West can use in "Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3". It is obtained after reaching his Prestige Point level to 4 through the Snapshot special attack.
- Although the Paddlesaw shows two chainsaws, only one chainsaw is needed to create the Paddlesaw (this is typical of combo weapons, though).
- A good place to make the Paddlesaw is the maintenance room to the right of Hot Excitorama, because not only does it have a paddle and a chainsaw, but it is a short walking distance from the poster that gives the Combo Card.
- The Paddlesaw is available in Dead Rising 3, but only through the pre-order bonus. It is also pre-combined, meaning it is not classified as a real combo weapon.
- In Dead Rising 3, the player can store the Paddlesaw in their inventory.
- The Paddlesaw cannot be made in Dead Rising 3, since there is no paddle.