- "I'm getting the hell out of this city, I'm taking my friends with me."
- —Nick Ramos
Nick Ramos is the main protagonist of Dead Rising 3.
Unlike previous protagonists, Nick has the ability to make combo weapons on the spot without use of a workbench.
Dead Rising 3Edit
During the beginning chapters of the game, Nick is seen as a scared and naive young man. He has excellent mechanical skills, but has difficulties formulating plans and acting under pressure.
He gets bitten during the beginning cut scenes of Chapter 2.
He is known as "patient zero", the only orphan that Carlito infected who is in fact immune to the virus. His blood contains the cure for zombification.
He has a romantic interest in Annie, and at the ending of the game, the two begin a relationship.
- He is the first Hispanic protagonist in the Dead Rising series.
- Nick's name was predicted to be Rick before his name was officially released.
- Nick's tattoo suggests that he is the twelfth of Carlito's Orphans, yet the twelfth orphan on the list found in Dead Rising is female, and it is said that he is patient zero. It could be speculated that the original 12, Lisa, was killed or killed herself after her information was put in the laptop, and Nick was just a replacement for her. However, this would also mean that either the cure was an afterthought of Carlito's, or the original 12 had the cure in her blood and was immune as well.
- However, due to several other errors on the list, it is more likely that the list shown in Dead Rising is simply false.
- Nick's first name ends with a "K" like the other main protagonists from Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2.
- Nick appears to be very reluctant about killing Hunter and his gang, and even has an emotional breakdown after Hunter is killed. This proves that Nick, unlike the previous protagonists, will develop a lot throughout the game.
- Nick has a spade shaped patch on his coveralls sleeve which reads "Terror Is Reality". A reference to the game show from Dead Rising 2.
- The same patch also says "Ijiek Racing", much like Chuck Greene's jacket. This is a reference to the series creator, Keiji Inafune.
- Unlike the previous Dead Rising protagonists, Nick does not wear a watch. This may be because the time limit from previous games has been removed from the normal Story Mode, only appearing in Nightmare Mode.
- As story-mode goes on forward, Nick's original clothing gets more tattered and beaten up.
- During the game, Nick says that he and Diego lived in multiple foster homes growing up together. It is suggested that Diego was often bullied and Nick would come to his rescue.
- Not only is Nick the only one whom is so far immune to the zombie parasite, but his blood is also the key to the cure.
- This is mostly noted after helping Gary Finkel, that Nick can quickly regenerate flesh bitten or torn off by zombies extremely quickly, recovering from half of the flesh on his hand getting bitten off in less than half a day.
- On the wanted poster found by Red, it says that Nick is between the ages of 18 to 23 years old.
- ↑ Xbox Dead Rising 3 Information Xbox.com
- ↑ Dead Rising 3 Details www.siliconera.com
- ↑ Dead Rising 3 Set in California, Protagonist is an Auto Mechanic www.siliconera.com
- ↑ Dead Rising 3 Details Revealed IGN.com