Chuck finds him and fellow soldier Matthew Kuss by a crashed Humvee near the restroom in Fortune Park. Michael orders Chuck to drop any guns that he has before coming closer to them. If Chuck does not comply, Michael will shoot him until he drops his gun(s). After that, Michael and Matthew believe Chuck when he says Tyrone King framed him for the outbreak, saying "I never really liked that guy." Michael and Matthew can then be escorted back to the safe house.
|"If you'd been there what would you have done differently?"|
|This article is non-canon and not considered part of the official Dead Rising story.|
In Off the Record, Michael and Matthew are incorporated into a Case File instead of being an unmarked mission. They appear outside the underground parking entrance, immediately after the fight with Sgt. Dwight Boykin. Unlike in Dead Rising 2, they are immediately friendly towards Frank, and will help escort the injured Rebecca Chang to the safehouse.
- Join Bonus: 24,000 PP
- Escort Complete Bonus: 48,000 PP
- Michael and Matthew appear after Case 6-2 is completed, not before or during.
- From comments made by Matthew, it is implied that Michael is a Sergeant. This is confirmed in Off the Record, as the name on his health bar is "Sgt. Woo".
- Michael and Matthew will refuse to drop their default weapons; as a result, they cannot be given different weapons or healed with food items.
- Michael and Matthew have 2.5 times as much health compared to a normal survivor, as befitting their status as elite Special Forces soldiers. This somewhat balances out the inability to heal them with food items.