|"Don't forget to come back for me!"|
|This article needs more information. Please expand!|
Chuck finds him and fellow soldier Michael Woo by a crashed Humvee in the middle of Fortune Park barricaded by the Restroom. Michael orders Chuck to drop any guns that he has before coming closer to them. If Chuck does not comply Michael will shoot him until he drops his gun(s). After that, Michael and Matthew believe Chuck when he says Tyrone King framed him for the outbreak, saying "I never really liked that guy." Michael and Matthew can then be escorted back to the Safe House. Matthew is fairly injured, however, and will need to be held up by Chuck.
Bringing 2-4 queen jar's should help you fend off the Gas Zombies if you're having trouble shoulder carrying Matthew.
|"If you'd been there what would you have done differently?"|
|This article is non-canon and not considered part of the official Dead Rising story.|
In Off the Record, Michael and Matthew are incorporated into a Case File instead of being an unmarked mission. They appear outside the underground parking entrance, immediately after the fight with Sgt. Dwight Boykin. Unlike in Dead Rising 2, they are immediately friendly towards Frank, and will help escort the injured Rebecca Chang to the safehouse. In Off the Record, Matthew Kuss is not suffering from an injury and has full mobility and combat ability.
- Join Bonus: 22,000 PP
- Escort Complete Bonus: 48,000 PP
- Michael and Matthew appear after Case 6-2 is completed, not before or during.
- In DR2, matthew's health bar says "Matthew," while in OTR, it says "Pvt. Kuss."
- It is suggested to get the Leadership Magazine from the One Little Duck Bingo Hall before meeting them, as you will be likely carrying Rebecca Chang, making it almost impossible to get to the safehouse.
- It seems that Matthew and Michael are the only members of the rescue team other than Dwight Boykin who were not killed by the zombies.
- Matthew and Michael will not drop their weapons, and will refuse any other weapons or food items the player attempts to give them.
- Matthew and Michael have 2.5 times as much health as a normal survivor, as befitting their status as elite Special Forces soldiers.