Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "I've spotted a guy in the cosmetics shop in Entrance Plaza. Looks like he is tryin' to get outta there but someone's takin' shots at him. There must be a sniper positioned over there. He will not last long like that..."
- —Otis Washington
Frank receives a call from Otis about a man hiding in Estelle's Fine-lady Cosmetics in the Entrance Plaza. Upon entering the plaza, a cutscene plays showing an older man, Roger Hall, and his two sons, Jack and Thomas Hall, armed with sniper rifles on the second floor. When they see Frank, they prepare to shoot him.
Roger tasks his youngest son Thomas with shooting Frank. Thomas objects, stating that Frank is just a man, and not a zombie. Roger intervenes, telling his son that it's necessary for their survival. Left with no choice, Thomas prepares to take a shot and the cutscene ends.
In order to free Wayne Blackwell, each member of the Hall Family needs to be killed.
Opening cutscene with the Halls
Jack: Looks like 72 yards... I can blow his head off clean from here. Can I take a shot, dad?
Roger: Getting' a headshot from here's no big deal Jack.
Roger: Think you can pull it off, Thomas?
Thomas: But, Daddy, he ain't no zombie. He's just a man!
Roger: Thomas! We're doin' this to survive. You know that.
Jack: Using a firearm for self defense is our god-given right as Americans, Thomas.
Roger: C'mon Thomas, shoot. Shoot him.
Jack: Shoot him, Thomas!Roger: I said shoot him! Shoot him Thomas. Now. What you waiting for? Do it!
Talking to Wayne
Conversation with Wayne
Frank: You ok, buddy?
Wayne: W-Who are you?
Frank: My name's Frank. I've come to help you. Can you follow behind me?
Wayne: But... There's SNIPERS out there. They'll shoot anything... zombies... people. If we go out there, they'll fire on us for sure!
Frank: At this distance, we should be fine. We'll just have to run really quickly.
Wayne: No way... I don't feel like dyin' today.
Frank: You still alive?
Wayne: What happened to the snipers?
Frank: Don't worry about them. I took care of it. No one's gonna shoot you now.
Frank: We should get moving before some other weirdos show up and replace the snipers. Let's go.Wayne: I was waitin' for a tough guy like you to take care of business! Get me outta here, man!
- The Hall family are one of the few psychopaths that don't have an end of fight cutscene, and they are the only psychopaths without theme music.
- The entire second floor of the Entrance Plaza has no zombies on it during and after this scoop.
- ↑ a b Hall, Kevin. Dead Rising: Game Script by Berserker, GameFAQs, (January 5, 2009).
- ↑ a b c d Rorie, Matthew Gamespot Gameguide Dead Rising, Gamespot
- ↑ Dead Rising Compilation of FAQs and Guides, Xbox.com.
- ↑ Dead Rising FAQ/Walkthrough, IGN, (February 25, 2007)
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. 71