Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- For the Dead Rising 2 subterranean area see Underground
- For the Case West tunnel, see Underground Tunnel
The tunnels have the highest concentration of zombies in the entire mall, some carrying shopping carts and propane tanks. Along with the Meat Processing Area and a warehouse, several vehicles can be found here, though most have been disabled.
The high density of zombies in the tunnels leads many players to use the tunnels while attempting the Zombie Genocider achievement.
Case 7-2: Bomb CollectorEdit
Carlito plans to use explosives to to blow up the mall as a means to spread the zombie virus regionally. The bombs have been placed in trucks scattered through the tunnels, each having had their tires slashed so as to not be able to be driven away. If the bombs explode, Ending F results. If Frank removes the bombs, the mall is saved but Brad ends up being swarmed by zombies while fighting Carlito.
Maintenance Tunnel KeyEdit
The Maintenance Tunnel Key grants access to the Maintenance Tunnels from the various "Staff Only" doors located through the mall. The key can be found in the warehouse located within the center of the tunnels (see gallery image).
Entrances to TunnelsEdit
- One in the hallway leading to the Pharmacy of Seon's Food and Stuff in the North Plaza.
- One on the west side of the first floor beside the Play Park in Wonderland Plaza.
- One near the Wonderland Plaza and Food Court entrance in the Food Court.
- One in the middle on the south wall of Al Fresca Plaza beside Riverfield Jewelry.
- One in the middle on the east wall on the first floor of the Entrance Plaza.
- One in the northeast section beside the bathrooms in Paradise Plaza.
|Maintenance Tunnels||Rear of one of the Delivery Trucks near the door to Seon's Food and Stuff and across from the Meat Processing Area|
|Maintenance Tunnels||Rear of one of the Delivery Trucks near the door to the Entrance Plaza|
|Maintenance Tunnels||Rear of one of the Delivery Trucks below North Plaza|
|Maintenance Tunnels||Rear of one of the Delivery Trucks near the door to Al Fresca Plaza|
|Maintenance Tunnels||Rear of one of the Delivery Trucks trucks near the door to Wonderland Plaza|
|Meat Processing Area||Maintenance Tunnels||Conveyor Belt|
|Meat Processing Area||Maintenance Tunnels||"Cuts of Beef" diagram by the conveyor belt
- The maximum height limit to enter the tunnels is 11.5 feet, according to the sign at the entrance.
- The posted speed limit is 20mph.
- In the Beta of Dead Rising, Jessie McCarney is seen being chased by zombies, and then her bloody corpse is found later in the tunnels.
- The Al Fresca Plaza entrance is one of the brightest entrances, because of large spot lights along the ceiling.