The machine gun is a fully automatic rifle capable of firing 150 shots before running out of ammunition. It is carried by Special Forces members, and is dropped upon their deaths. It is visibly based on an M4A1 SOPMOD with an MP5A3's stock in Dead Rising and an M4 Carbine in Dead Rising 2.
- Primary: Pressing without aiming will result with Frank spraying the gun in the direction he's facing.
- Aimed: Holding down and pressing will make Frank shoot the gun in the middle of the crosshair seen while aiming.
The achievement Perfect Gunner is directly tied to this weapon, and requires the player to fire all 150 shots into a target without missing. A simple way to get this achievement is to go to the underground meat processing facility, aim the machine gun at a hanging slab of meat, and fire all 150 shots at it to receive the achievement. Be careful with this, however, as a miss will require you to repeat the process.
- The machinegun appears in Dead Rising as a SOPMOD version of the M4A1 and will appear in Dead Rising 2 and will be the M4A1 in Dead Rising 2: Case Zero but renamed to the Assault Rifle.
- The survivor Brett Styles is the only survivor who comes equipped with a machinegun.
- During Infinite Mode, the Machinegun can be found in the warehouse of Colby's Movieland after beating Sean Keanan when he is in the theater area. It can also be obtained after killing Cliff, Jonathan, Ray, and Brock.
- It should be noted that the Machinegun has a Grenade Launcher attachment, although none of the SF Soldiers are seen using this attachment nor this option is used in game.