- "But never forget, chump. I'm number ONE!" (Then laughing crazy while dying) "
- —Leon, as he burns to death in front of Chuck.
Leon Bell is a psychopath appearing in Dead Rising 2. He is a Terror is Reality contestant who idolized Chuck Greene when he was a professional Motocross racer, but thinks he has gone soft since then. He is a survivor of the Las Vegas zombie outbreak, and a psychopath in the Fortune City outbreak.
Leon competes against Chuck Greene, Anim White, and Kristopher Bookmiller in the Terror is Reality event. Before they head on stage, Leon taunts Chuck about his dead wife, implying that Chuck's incompetence was the cause of her death.
Leon confronts Chuck in front of the arena, nearly cutting Chuck in half with his slicecycle and would have hadn't Chuck thrown himself to the ground in time, revealing to Chuck that despite his hostility, he was a massive fan of Chuck during his motocross days, but now believes Chuck to have gone soft. He then murders Carlos Mertiz, a nearby survivor by cutting him down with his slicecycle, having decided that the outbreak is nothing more than an extension of the games where humans are worth "double points." Leon then goads Chuck into a motorcycle battle through the Platinum Strip after throwing him a bike key. Upon his defeat, his motorcycle's gas tank springs a leak as he heads back to his motorcycle trailer. After he sees Chuck, Leon taunts him more and begins to spin his bike in a low dip, causing the attached chainsaw to create a spark and ignite the bike and himself. Leon continues to taunt Chuck as he is immolated, claiming he will never beat him. When Leon finally falls to the ground, Chuck dryly quips "Yeah, you're on fire." Killing Leon unlocks his motorcycle trailer, which contains a Dirtbike and a workbench for creating Combo Weapons.
Leon has really only one attack, which is to hit chuck with the chainsaws. He spends most of the fight circling the area and then attempting to ram Chuck and knock him flying. Touching his chainsaws damages Chuck, but if the bike is moving Chuck will also be launched into the air. Leon may also stop a perform a few doughnuts; spinning in circles before righting his bike to face Chuck he only taunts Chuck after this. Its a bad idea to get close when he's spinning, as he'll launch Chuck if he gets hit. Also getting hit by the moving bike but not the chainsaws will still launch Chuck.
Leon can be quite hard to hit, as he spends most of the battle moving and can deal damage without stopping. But every so often he will stop and taunt Chuck, even if he's nearby and this is good chance to get behind him and strike him. He usually taunts by yelling an insult while punching the air with both hands. If he takes damage, he may immediately stop taunting and drive forward. If Leon is charging towards Chuck, wait until he's about 2 seconds away and dodge roll perpendicular to him and he should miss. Strike him only when he taunts, or he might snag you with the chainsaws. He will usually taunt after doing doughnuts.
- His fight music is the Terror is Reality theme song, which also plays at the Overtime Mode credits. It can be found here. This song sounds similar the Marylin Manson's "The Beautiful People".
- Leon shares some similarities with Kent Swanson from Dead Rising, being a professional rival to Chuck that sees himself as superior in every way.
- After defeating him, Chuck can make motorcycle combos like the slicecycle inside his trailer.
- Leon bears some resemblance to the Convicts, in that both almost kill the main character of their respective games on their psychopath initial encounters, and that both use vehicles to get around the parks. Both psychopaths also kill another survivor in the encounter cutscene.
- If teamed up with Doris Elchart, she will help fight Leon by shooting at him. However, if Leon manages to attack Doris, then Doris will die immediately because of Leon's slicecycle.
- Leon does not appear in Dead Rising 2: Off The Record, instead, he is replaced by the Psychopath version of Chuck. Oddly his green motorcycle is in Chuck's trailer rather than Chuck's yellow motorcycle. On Chuck's trailer the word "loser" in green is spray painted, possibly Leon's doing.
- The TiR employee uses an edited model of Leon's face.
- During Dead Rising 2, an easy way to defeat Leon Bell is to run to a wall and as he rides faster and faster towards Chuck, move away then block the back of his Slicecycle and attack Leon as he tries to reverse unsucessfully due to you blocking the way, this way, he can be killed rather easily. This same tactic can be used against Chuck in OTR.
- Both Leon and Tyrone King call Chuck "Chucky." They also both insult Chuck upon their first meeting outside the arena.
- Despite calling Chuck a coward, Leon employs hit and run tactics.
- He is never seen off his bike except in his death cut scene.
- Leon appears to think the outbreak is an extension of the Terror Is Reality games. He claims humans are worth twice the points. One of his fight taunts is "Triple points for killing Chuck!" Also, a line he says before igniting himself is "That's right... Quadruple points, Chucky!"