The Laser Sword is the lethal version of the Toy Laser Sword. It is very powerful and can only be obtained by getting the 5 Day Survivor achievement in Infinity Mode. It can be used 300 times before breaking, like its ranged equivalent, the Real Mega Buster.
- Primary: Tap the button for overhead swings. Tap the button in succession to constantly attack.
- Secondary: Hold down the button to stab outward extending the blade six feet beyond its normal range.
- Thrown: Hold down the trigger to go into aim mode then press the button to throw the laser sword.
- When Frank uses the Double Lariat move with this weapon equipped, its blade will automatically extend as in its secondary attack.
- The Laser Sword can Kill most enemies in 1-2 Hits.
- The Laser Sword's blade does not appear in mirrors. It shows only the handle with nothing sticking out of it.
- The Laser Sword is a reference to Zero's Z Saber from Capcom's Mega Man X series. Dead Rising features several other Mega Man references.
- It is also very similar to lightsabers from the Star Wars film series.
- Unlike the Real Mega Buster, which is ten times more durable than the Mega Buster, the Laser Sword is six times as durable as the Toy Laser Sword.
- The beam of the Laser Sword has more distinguishing features when visible at night, just like its toy counterpart.
- The Laser Sword has similar slashing animations to the Katana.