- "Zombies are no good! I can't serve my customers spoiled meat like that. I... have a reputation to uphold! Trust me. I'm a butcher! I've got the best meat in town!"
- —Larry, stating his reasoning for capturing Carlito to Frank
Larry Chiang is a psychopath in Dead Rising. He is found in the Meat Processing Area in the Maintenance Tunnels during Case 8-4: The Butcher. He is a demented butcher who considers zombies as "spoiled meat" and people as "fresh meat." Larry serves as the final psychopath in 72 Hour Mode.
Frank West first observed Larry through security feed dragging Carlito Keyes into the meat processing area. When Frank arrived to investigate, Larry had already hung Carlito onto a meat hook, and was preparing to grind him into fresh meat. Larry believed Frank to be a customer, and declared that he would have some good ground meat soon. Frank tried to convince Larry that there was another alternative to fresh meat, but Larry did not get the hint. Instead, he believed that Frank would rather eat spoiled zombie meat. He got upset and insisted that he must uphold his reputation by giving Frank "fresh meat". If Larry is not defeated in time, Carlito will fall into the Meat grinder which fails the Cases.
After he was defeated by Frank, he fell to the floor and dies, allowing Frank to rescue Carlito.
Larry appears in the meat processing area at 0:07:00 - 1:00:00 and the North Plaza at 5:07:00 - 5:19:00 and is armed with a meat cleaver and knives (and hanging meat if he's in the meat processing area). When killed, he drops an orange, a yogurt, a spitfire juice drink, a frying pan, and a katana.
- Hanging - Larry hangs Frank on a meat rack and slices Frank with his meat cleaver doing about 1-3 bars of damage
- Throw - Larry throws hanging meat at Frank dealing about 2 blocks of health.
- Slice - This is Larry's most common move. Larry slices Frank with his meat cleaver dealing about 1-2 blocks depending on where the player is at or how many strikes Larry does.
- Health - Larry will sometime heal by eating a can of meat if he is low on health (50% or under).
- Photo Op: When eating out of a container full of meat - Up to 10,000PP
- Psychopath Defeated Bonus: 10,000 PP
- Larry has the Chinese character of "meat" tattooed on the back of his neck.
- In the Gagaga SP trailer for Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, one can see him juggling Adam's small chainsaws
- Unlike most psychopaths, Larry will not attack Frank unless provoked.
- He could be a reference to the Butcher from Diablo, who shouts "Ahhh, fresh meat!" upon confronting him.
- Larry has similarities with the psychopath Antoine Thomas, in that they are both canibalistic foodhandlers, with an overobsession with the perfect food.
- Larry is also similar to Theodore Smith, the similarity being that they both consider humans as "fresh meat", and call zombies "spoiled" meat.
- His boss theme song is "On A Mission" by Hostile Groove.
- Larry's death is perhaps the most peaceful and fastest of all the psychopaths, only laying on the floor, letting out his last breath, and dying.
- Larry's front teeth are gone but he still manages to talk normally.
- Despite his minor role in the game, he is one of the last psychopaths to be defeated.
- If you take a picture of the Chinese character on the back of Larry's neck, you get a special photo symbol.