- "He might not have been brave, but Gordon's still my baby."
- —LaShawndra, about Gordon
LaShawndra Dawkins is a survivor found at The Dark Bean at a quarter to 7am on the first day in Dead Rising 2. She is described by Chuck as a "'big-boned' woman in yellow" when speaking to Gordon. She reappears in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record with the same role.
Happily Ever After... Sort OfEdit
In the unmarked mission Happily Ever After... Sort Of, Chuck leaves the Safe House to find a woman in a yellow dress standing on top of a counter at The Dark Bean in the Royal Flush Plaza, surrounded by a small crowd of zombies. She does not appear frightened by the zombies, instead she is quite upset over the fact that her husband ran off. She complains "what kind of man leaves a beautiful woman like [her] out here alone?". She tells Chuck that if her husband Gordon stayed with her, she could have saved his "skinny ass".
Chuck convinces the woman that he will help her find Gordon and so she joins his party. After they find Gordon, the couple reunite and make up LaShawndra smacks Gordon for running off. Chuck interrupts the couple and reminds them of the Safe House, in which they follow him to the air vent and wait in the safety of the shelter.
- Sometimes, after she hugs Gordon when meeting, LaShawndra will punch Gordon and apologize afterwards. This doesn't always happen, however.
- If both LaShawndra and Gordon are with Chuck and Gordon dies, LaShawndra will immediately defect.
- Despite Gordon running off, LaShawndra still loves him and forgives him for his actions. When Gordon wasn't found, she tells Chuck "He might not have been brave, but Gordon's still my baby" when saved.