The Knife Gloves are a combo weapon in Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. The pair of gloves are a pair of Boxing Gloves with knife blades protruding from them. This weapon is made by combining a pair of boxing gloves with a Bowie Knife.
- Primary: Tap for an overhand Vertical slash attack.
- Heavy: Hold for a "roundhouse" slash attack. Similar in effect to the combo attack, but strikes every zombie around and in front of Chuck, usually fatally. It's very possible to kill six or more zombies with one swipe). Each kill also awards Chuck 300/150 PP.
- Defensive: Hold to bring the gloves up in a defensive posture. Tap to throw alternating left and right jabs.
As with the Boxing Gloves, using the Defensive posture can block some attacks.
- The gloves' appearance may be a nod to the claws of Wolverine from the X-Men.
- Alternatively, they may be a nod to Freddy Krueger from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, as they are Gloves with Knives on the end, similar to Freddy's signature weapon: the finger-knife glove.
- The Knife Gloves actually have five knives on them, two of them being Chef Knives.
- In the beta version of Dead Rising 2, the Knife Gloves were called Claws.
- In Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, it could be combined with a Chef Knife.
- In Off the Record, any range of knifes can be used, the tool picture is a Bowie knife.
Even at low levels, the Knife Gloves deal horrifically high damage. Because of their speed, durability and destructiveness, they are useful against nearly every enemy: zombies, gas zombies, looters, mercs, and psychopaths alike. While the Driller might be slightly better for engaging Psychopaths, and the Defiler is far better at taking out large crowds of zombies, the Knife Gloves are almost certainly the best general-purpose weapon in the game, making them a requirement early on.
It's very easy to obtain a pair of Knife Gloves every time you leave the Safe House; there is a Bowie Knife on top of the Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow news stand (jump on the displays, then climb onto the roof) located next to The Man's Sport, and two Maintenance Rooms close by to combine the items. Also, the southern maintenance room in Fortune Park has both ingredients to make Knife Gloves. Furthermore, they can usually be purchased at the pawnshop in Palisades Mall.
The knife gloves only require one Bowie Knife although when you make them there are three Bowie Knives on each glove. Item multiplication of this nature is commonplace with DR2 combo weapons: the Defiler, Paddlesaw, Beer Hat, and many others also exhibit it.