There are several keys in the Dead Rising Universe.
- The ID card is a keycard dropped by Adam MacIntyre after he is defeated. It can be used to stop the Space Rider to free Greg Simpson.
- The empty store key is dropped by Cliff Hudson after he is defeated. It can be used to unlock the empty store in North Plaza.
- The pharmacy key is dropped by Steven Chapman after he is defeated. It is needed to unlock the pharmacy to retrieve medicine for Medicine Run.
- The handcuff key is dropped by Jo Slade after she is defeated. It can be used to free her hostages.
- The Maintenance Tunnel key is found in the warehouse in the Maintenance Tunnels. It can be used to unlock the doors leading to the tunnels in the various plazas of the mall.
- The Movieland warehouse key is dropped by Sean Keanan after he is defeated. It can be used to unlock the warehouse in Colby's Movieland.
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero Edit
Dead Rising 2 Edit
- The Pharmacy Key is dropped after Chuck defeats the three Looters trying to rob Roy's Mart.
- The Maintenance Room Key is given to you by Raymond Sullivan after Case 1-1: Big News.
- The Underground Access Key is found by Chuck after Case 2-2: Ticket to Ride.
- The Bike Key is given to Chuck at the beginning of Meet the Contestants.
- The Sports Car Key is purchased at Just In Time Payday Loans in the Royal Flush Plaza for $500,000.
- The Chopper Key is purchased at Army Surplus Gift Store in the Palisades Mall for $1,000,000.
- The SUV Key is purchased at Tinkerbox on the Silver Strip for $2,000,000.
Dead Rising 2: Case WestEdit
- The Underground Access Key is on a Phenotrans worker
Dead Rising 3Edit
- The Happy Good Mart Key is dropped by Zhi after his defeat and is required to open the Happy Good Mart store room.
- The Morgue Keys are found during Chapter 3 and are needed to find the corpse of Nicole White.
- The Gate Key Card is dropped by the Commander during Chapter 4 and is required to escape the taxi company.
- The Storage Locker Key is found at Central Storage and is required to find the Fuel Car being kept in storage during Chapter 4.
- The Plane Key is the key required to start the airplane that the group is keeping at the Warehouse in South Almuda. Nick and Diego retrieve the key from bikers during Chapter 5.
- The Mansion Room Key is a key item found during Dead Rising 3: Operation Broken Eagle, used to find the President.
- The Parkade Key is a key item found during Dead Rising 3: Fallen Angel.
- The Laboratory Key is a key item found during Dead Rising 3: Fallen Angel.