- "This is gonna to take me straight to the top!"
- —Kent, on becoming famous
Cut From the Same ClothEdit
- Main article: Cut From the Same Cloth
Kent is seen wandering in Paradise Plaza, shooting photos of zombies with his camera and shooting them with his handgun. As Frank approached him, Kent attempted to coach him on how to properly photograph a subject. He offered to model for Frank and challenged him to take better photos than the ones he took.
If Frank failed to photograph Kent as he requested, he will fail this scoop and Kent will not be encountered again.
- Main article: Photo Challenge
As per their agreement, Frank met up with Kent to deliver the pictures he took. Kent demanded to see Frank's most Erotic shot. After seeing Frank's photos, he challenged Frank to a final showdown the next day.
If Frank failed to show Kent a photo with an Erotica rating higher than 700PP, he will fail this scoop and Kent will walk away, laughing, and will not be encountered again.
- Main article: Photographer's Pride
Kent returned at noon the next day with a survivor, Tad Hawthorne. He revealed that he had the idea of taking a photo the moment a person is zombified, and throws a zombie larva at Tad. Frank quickly stomps on it, saving Tad and ruining Kent's shot. This prompted Kent to attack Frank in anger and disbelief.
If Frank failed to show up before noon, Kent will reveal that he has already shot his desired photo, showing Frank a picture of Tad with a parasite crawling into his mouth. He then pointed his gun at Frank's head and stripped him of his clothes and weapons. After declaring that a photograph of Frank being killed will bring him to the top, Kent attacked Frank.
After he was defeated, Kent requested Frank to take a picture of him as he dies, saying "It'll look good on your mantle." Frank refused and tossed Kent's camera away in disgust as the fallen photographer dies.
- Main article: Infinity Mode
He appears again at the Warehouse from 5:00:00 to 5:07:00 carrying the same items he had before.
Chop Till You DropEdit
In Chop Till You Drop, Kent appears as a zombie. Zombie Kent wears a camera around his neck that flashes at regular intervals. He can attack Frank by a jump kick, by firing his handgun at him, or by throwing a grenade.
Unlike most other psychopaths, Kent does not possess a unique weapon. Aside from his camera, he uses only a handgun. However, his speed and the possibility to strip Frank of his weapons makes Kent a legitimate opponent.
- Jump Kick: He attacks mainly by jump kicking in a manner similar to Frank's jump kick. This attack is capable of knocking Frank to the floor. It is a Photo Op.
- Handgun: If Frank is far away, Kent will pull out his handgun and fire several shots consecutively to stun Frank.
- Roll: Kent can also do a quick roll on the floor to get away from Frank or to close the distance between them. At the end of the roll, he can follow up with a jump kick.
- Kent carries four cameras on him at all times.
- If Frank ignores Otis' call about Cut From the Same Cloth and never receives the scoop, after 8pm upon entering Colombian Roastmasters, Kent (with no health bar) will immediately scream and drop dead.
- Kent will still be registered as a psychopath if he is photographed or killed during Cut From the Same Cloth or Photo Challenge.
- His name could be a reference to Clark Kent, Superman's alter-ego, who was also a reporter and photographer.
- It is possible that Kent is one of four survivors who escaped the Entrance Plaza outbreak alive, as Kent's photos of Dana and Verlene took place before the outbreak started.
- Zombie Kent can speak in Chop Till You Drop.
- He bears a striking resemblance to both television personality Vince Offer and the Scout from Team Fortress 2.