- "I can't take it anymore!"
- —Kathy, while limping towards the stairs
Kathy Peterson is a victim appearing in Dead Rising. She was found in the Entrance Plaza of the Willamette Parkview Mall. She was killed when Lindsay Harris removed the barricades and allowed the zombies to break into the plaza.
Kathy was first seen, sitting and resting on the floor with a bandaged head, arguing with her husband Alan in the Entrance Plaza. He blamed her for their present predicament. She then accused him of infidelity, and he replied he couldn't wait to see the look on her face when the zombies get her. When the zombies broke into the plaza, she attempted to head for the stairs, but was killed before she could reach safety due to her severe limp and the overwhelming number of zombies.
Kathy appears in the maintenance tunnel warehouse at 7:07:00 and is armed with a handgun. When killed, she drops an uncooked pizza, a frying pan, a machete, a fire ax, and a hockey stick.
- Despite their argument, Kathy and Alan are the only twosome to remain close to each other after the zombie break in. Also, Alan will stay next to Kathy no matter what. Even if Kathy dies, Alan will stay next to her corpse.
- She looks similar to some female zombies, as they have the same bandage around their head.
- She is scripted to go to the stairs during the zombie break in. She will limp severely and Alan will follow closely by her side, though she will not move anymore if Alan is killed. Even if Kathy manages to make it all the way upstairs, she will still be listed as Dead in Frank's notebook.
- Kathy was the only victim who actually headed for the stairs before death
- Even though Kathy is never seen during the story mode of Dead Rising: Chop Till you Drop, she is seen as a survivor in a minigame in which you must shoot zombies that are wearing Servbot masks.
- She probably is the owner of Kathy's Boutique or Kathy's Space.This last from Dead Rising 2