Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "I cannot take it anymore!"
- —Kathy, while limping towards the stairs
Kathy Peterson is a victim appearing only in Dead Rising.
- Main article: 72 Hour Mode (Dead Rising)
In the introduction, Kathy was first seen sitting and resting on the floor with a bandaged head, arguing with her husband Alan in the Entrance Plaza. He blamed her for their present predicament as the two argued. She then accused him of infidelity, and he replied he couldn't wait to see the look on her face when the zombies get her.
When the zombies broke into the plaza, she attempted to head for the stairs, but was killed before she could reach to safety due to her severe limp and the overwhelming number of zombies.
- Main article: Infinity Mode
In Infinity Mode, Kathy appears in the Maintenance Tunnel Warehouse from 7:07:00 to 7:19:00 and is armed with a Handgun. In her equipment she carries an Uncooked Pizza, a Frying Pan, a Machete, a Fire Axe, and a Hockey Stick.
- She is one of only two characters in the series with one covered eye and one visible eye, the other one being Dylan Fuentes.
- There are zombies who use the same character model as Kathy.
- Despite their argument, Kathy and Alan are the only twosome to remain close to each other after the zombie break-in. Also, Alan will stay next to Kathy no matter what. Even if Kathy dies, Alan will stay next to her corpse.
- She is scripted to go to the stairs during the zombie break-in. She will limp severely and Alan will follow closely by her side, though she will not move anymore if Alan is killed. Even if Kathy manages to make it all the way upstairs, she will still be listed as Dead in Frank's Notebook.
- Kathy appears in the Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop Second Amendment mini-game The Adorable Servbot as a survivor in a Servbot helmet.
- Alan: Dammit every time i come shopping with you, something happens to raise my blood pressure.
- Kathy: What do you mean, every time, you don't even come home most nights, let alone take me shopping.
- Alan: So I work for a living.
- Kathy: Work, huh is that what you call that Hankie Pankie with that big-titted secretary, now?
- Alan: Oh please what the hell does that have to do with anything?
- Kathy: Listen to you, every time something goes wrong you have to raise your voice. I never should have married you.
- Alan: Want to split up then? Sounds Great. I can't wait to see the look on your face when the zombies eat you, it will be hilarious.
- Kathy: "That's my line buster."