- "Using a firearm for self defense is our god-given right as Americans, Thomas."
- —Jack Hall, reiterating the second amendment
Jack Hall is a psychopath in Dead Rising. He is the eldest son of the Hall family, following his father Roger's lead in the post-zombie outbreak Willamette. Using a sniper rifle, he hunts down zombies and survivors indiscriminately. Jack is found in the Entrance Plaza during the scoop Mark of the Sniper.
Jack, Roger, and Thomas Hall are encountered when Frank West arrives at the Entrance Plaza to rescue Wayne Blackwell, who has been pinned behind the counter of Estelle's Fine-lady Cosmetics by the trio. Roger encourages Thomas to shoot Frank, claiming that they're doing it to survive. Jack agrees, citing the Second Amendment to persuade his brother. Thomas, though initially torn, decides to heed his father's and brother's orders.
After he is defeated, he dies and drops a sniper rifle.
Jack (along with Roger and Thomas) appears at Leisure Park at 0:00:00 - 2:00:00 and the Entrance Plaza at 5:07:00 - 5:19:00 and is armed with a sniper rifle. When killed, he drops a pack of cookies, an orange, a golden brown pizza, a fire ax, and a hunting knife.
Jack attacks using a sniper rifle from afar, but lacks any close range attack. He will run away if Frank approaches him, until he is at a safe distance.
Sniper Rifle: Jack's only attack is to fire his sniper rifle from afar. He is a competent gunman with decent aim. After firing each shot, he needs to take a second or so to bolt a new round into the chamber.
- Photo Op: Up to 10,000 PP
- Psychopath Defeated Bonus: 15,000 PP
Defeating Jack rewards Frank with a sniper rifle
Defeating Roger, Jack, and Thomas allows Frank to rescue the following survivor:
- The Hall family are the few psychopaths that don't have an end of fight cutscene.
- Jack and Roger are the names of two antagonists in the novel "Lord of the Flies". In the novel, both Jack and Roger are part of a group of primitive hunters who pressure others into joining them.