Missions • Characters • Maniacs • Weapons • Vehicles • Clothing • Food • Locations • Achievements
- "You think this is about fun? HUH? You think this is about SPORTSMANSHIP??!"
- —Grim Gobbler, to his followers
The Grim Gobbler is a Maniac in Dead Rising 4. He's a deranged high school sports mascot in a turkey costume.
Frank encounters him when he goes to investigate the Willamette Junior High School, and stumbles upon him holding a sort of rally with several football players. The Grim Gobbler notices Frank, and sicks his followers on him. He fights with an Equalizer.
- The Grim Gobbler's Dialog implies that he might be the Football team's coach. If so, it seems they had a losing streak prior to the outbreak.
- Despite this, the fighting turkeys seem to be a Jr. High School football team, yet the team he leads are clearly in their mid 20's to early 30's.
- On this note, he is the only maniac who actively voices displeasure with his followers.
- His follows are among the most under-prepared enemies in the entire franchises, as the only ones to use weapons are the two with dumbbells. One just resorts to throwing footballs and one doesn't even have a weapon.
- The Grim Gobbler is considered the easiest of the Maniacs, as his AI has trouble moving through the bunks the gym has set up and his weapon has no elemental effects along with very short range.
- The Gobbler seems to be a parody of Jock-archetypes:
- He at first dismisses Frank's attacks as nothing, a typical Jock Phrase.
- He's apparently a serial bully, as in his own words "I'VE BEEN BEATING UP LITTLE SHITS LIKE YOU SINCE KINDERGARTEN!"
- He's more concerned with losing the fight rather than the idea he's about to die.
- Paula describes The Gobbler and his team as "some sort of secret society." While at first being a joke, there's actually some merit to it. First of all, they're the only maniacs who haven't been known to attack or harass survivors, and they only attack Frank because he enters their gym. Plus, they conveniently spawn at the same time the Rain Coat Cult do.
- Frank can find the Grim Gobbler's Outfit. In fact, he can put it on in the dark closet at the school's back end. The nearby Emergency Shelter also has it for sale.
- Apparently, Frank hates organized sports.
Credit to Xbox Live user GOSEIRED for high quality screenshot.