Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
It is similar to the chainsaw in that it is a two-handed weapon. When used, Frank stabs it into the nearest enemy nearby. The zombie starts spinning and with that Frank is able to hit other enemies with the zombie that is spinning around on the Excavator's shaft. It is used in construction projects to break through concrete or the ground. It cannot be stored in the inventory.
Its durability is increased with the Engineering book.
- Start: Tap and Frank will start the Excavator.
- Primary Attack: Tap after starting the Excavator and Frank will thrust it forward, impaling any zombie on the drill.
- Secondary Attack: Frank will lift the Excavator, pulling the impaled zombie off the ground and spinning it wildly, bludgeoning other nearby zombies. Over time, the force of the spinning will forcibly remove appendages off the zombie until only the torso remains.
The secondary attack can be used to go through crowds of zombies very easily.
- Although Special Forces are hurt when stabbed by the excavator, they do not twist like zombies do.
- In Dead Rising 2, the Excavator's upgraded appearance is the Auger.