- "Only way to get this country on track again is clean it right up of all those pansies, floozies, bur-o-crats, liberals and them half-ass conservatives too."
- —Derrick Duggan
Derrick and his hunting pals murder an innocent man that was wandering in Fortune Park. He and his friends go on about how they believe the zombies and survivors are communists sent to destroy democracy. They are determined to cleanse America of these "traitors", one city at a time.
Derrick is found on the roof of the Atlantica Casino that can only be accessed from a room near the indoor underground access north of the casino.
Derrick will attempt to shoot Chuck with his sniper rifle and has a lot of room to do so, especially when Chuck first climbs up. If Chuck takes shelter behind the air conditioner unit, Derrick will be forced to move closer to him. Chuck can then either step in and out of cover to shoot him, or he can rush him with a quick melee weapon. The Flaming Gloves are surprisingly effective against the militia men, and the Driller and Knife Gloves will efficiently demolish them as well. Derrick uses a machete for melee attacks, and his speed is deadly, but his rifle does massive damage as well. However, he will automatically switch between them when Chuck gets closer or farther away. A skilled player can exploit this by staying at an intermediate distance and alternately moving closer or backing away whenever Derrick switches weapons, while continuously pouring fire into him (an LMG works quite well for this). If this is done right, Derrick will be forced to continuously switch weapons and be unable to fight effectively, and Chuck can slaughter him in short order.
- Many zombies share his character model, simply recolored to look like a zombie. The wrench-carrying zombies in Dead Rising 2: Case Zero also share the same zombie character model.
- He shares a last name with Tim Duggan, though there is no implied relation.
- There appears to be an odd bug/glitch when all four of the snipers spawn where one or more of them does not spawn. This is very rare, though.
- In-game, the straps on Derrick's overalls are yellow, but in his notebook portrait, one is yellow and the other is green.