|"Don't forget to come back for me!"|
|This article needs more information. Please expand!|
- "But we got a chance to be real patriots here, Earl. And get us some target practice! These so-called survivors, Ha! Bunch of whiners let this thing happen."
- —Deetz Hartman
Deetz, along with three friends, make up the group known as the hunters, a group of rednecks bent on reconstructing America by taking out all those who have ruined it, survivors and zombies alike. Deetz made his point by shooting a lonesome man who was innocently wandering through Fortune Park. After talking and drinking with his buddies, they split up and he takes position on the rooftop of the Paradise Platinum Screens theater. Chuck finds him on the rooftop with his sniper rifle and kills him.
The best strategy is to simply climb up the ladder next to the Maintenance Room and Juggz Bar and Grill to take him in close combat. The Knife gloves and the Driller are particularly efficient for this task, but any powerful and fast attacking weapon will do the job. Since hunters are vulnerable when charged (they have to switch from rifle to melee weapon), a weapon with a jumping attack (like the Broadsword or Defiler) will be effective as well.
Also, beside Juggz Bar and Grill is Cash Gordon's Casino. If you climb up on top of the Casino via the vending machines, there is an LMG, which might come in handy if you're engaging at a distance. Also, you will find a flashlight and gems, and a "Psychos" magazine, which gives additional PP upon defeating this psycho (and any others you encounter while holding it).
- There appears to be an odd bug/glitch when all four of the snipers spawn where one or more of them does not spawn. This is very rare, though.
- There's also another glitch regarding Deetz's AI in Dead Rising Off The Record. He doesn't appear on the rooftop (his lifebar is invisible and he won't shoot Frank) after defeating the other snipers but if you climb there you will see him standing at the sniping point without moving or reacting to ranged or melee attacks. When is killed, the player can't take the sniper rifle he had in the cutscene but can't shoot anyone (this could result in blocking the inventory selection) with it and also when aiming, it points down not forward. This glitch happens only in Sandbox Mode (Dead Rising 2: Off the Record).
- The survivor he shoots in the cutscene is the same model as Stuart Holmes.
- Deetz is one of the only psychopaths in Dead Rising 2 who wears body armor, along with Dwight Boykin.
- In cutscene that first shows the group, you can see that Deetz has tape and some words carved on his sniper rifle, but when you kill him and pick it up it will just look like a regular sniper rifle. This also goes for the rest of the snipers since in the cutscene all of them had designs on their guns, but when you fight them, their designs disappear.
- On his coat is written "HARTMANN".