Dead Rising 2: Case Zero achievements are the Xbox 360 achievements you can receive while playing Dead Rising 2: Case Zero. There are 12 achievements worth 200 gamerscore in total.
Xbox 360 AchievementsEdit
|A Bigger Taste…||Build all available combo weapons||20G|
|A Taste of Things to Come||Build a combo weapon||10G|
|Chop Shop||Defeat Jed the Mechanic||20G|
|Clueless No More||Purchase a clue from Dick, the pawnshop owner||10G|
|Locksmith||Unlock all the doors in Still Creek||20G|
|Part Way There||Find and return a bike part||10G|
|Ready to Ride||Rebuild the bike||20G|
|Small Town, Deep Pockets||Spend $100,000 in the pawnshop||20G|
|We Ride To Fortune City||Escape Still Creek with Katey||20G|
|Still Creek Savior||Save all the survivors in Still Creek||20G|
|Zombie Exterminator||Kill 1,000 zombies||20G|
|Zombie Hunter||Kill 100 zombies||10G|
A Bigger Taste…Edit
"Build all available combo weapons"
This one requires you to create one of every combo weapon found in the game. Below are the weapons and the items used to create them. Note that this doesn't require you to obtain all the Combo Cards, you just have to create all the weapons.
- Paddlesaw - A single Paddle is located outside the first building opposite the Gas Sation, next to the police station and near the white van that the pawnshop owner is found on. Chainsaws are available in the Big Buck Hardware store.
- Beer Hat - Beer is a common item, but there is only one Construction Hat in Still Creek, and it is on the roof to the east of Bob's Fish 'n Hunt. Go into the alley to the south of the shop, jump onto the dumpster, from there jump west to the air conditioner, from there west to the awning, go north around the roof fencing, then climb onto the roof and head east. Jump the western gap towards the fire escape, but do not jump the railing - jump north onto the air conditioner, then onto the target roof.
- Air Horn - There is a Purple Spray Paint in Still Creek, and it is on the roof of Brockett Gas Station, accessible via the storage room in the rear of the building. There is also a Green Spray Paint can in the alley that leads to the back door of the Sheriff's Office. Pylons can be found in the alley east of the Maintenance Room behind Uncle Bill's Department Store, or in the Quarantine Zone.
- Spiked Bat - Both the Baseball Bat and the Box of Nails are common items that can be found in the Safe House.
- Electric Rake - Leaf Rakes are available in the Big Buck Hardware store. There is a single Battery behind the Still Creek Movie Theater, not to the south but to the north; starting from Ed's Friendly Barber Shop, head east and go north up the second alley. It turns west, and the battery is on top of a dumpster. There will usually be a few zombies back here too.
- Drill Bucket - Both Buckets and Power Drills are common items that can be found in the Safe House.
- IED - Both the Propane Tank and the Box of Nails are common items that can be found in the Safe House.
- Molotov - Both Newspapers and Whiskey are common items. Newspapers are easily found by smashing Newspaper Boxes.
- Boomstick - Pitchforks are available in the Big Buck Hardware store. Shotguns, however, are pretty much the trickiest collectibles in Still Creek; two are available in Bob's Fish 'n Hunt, one is available in the Sheriff's Office. Both require some creative maneuvering, as the front doors of both buildings are initially locked; To enter Bob's Fish 'n Hunt, head west from where you found the Construction Hat, drop down onto the awning on the north side of the building, then jump west onto the roof of Bob's Fish 'n Hunt - do NOT jump onto the awning of Bob's Fish 'n Hunt. There is a trap door on the roof, with "Bob's Down Here" written above it. The Sheriff's Office is accessible by jumping onto the dumpster to the west of the Grumpy Dog Bowling Alley, then jumping from there over the fence to the south. Follow the alley all the way west into the back door of the Sheriff's Office, then head upstairs to find a shotgun on the desk.
A Taste of Things to ComeEdit
"Build a combo weapon"
The game basically hands you this achievement. It starts you off right in front of a workbench, a box of nails and a baseball bat. Pick these two items up and place them on the workbench. You've just earned the achievement. If you want, you can wait until you can get two other items. Any combo works.
"Defeat Jed the Mechanic"
Clueless No MoreEdit
"Purchase a clue from Dick, the pawnshop owner"
Dick Jones sells clues to where bike parts can be found. The first clue costs $1,000, the second costs $2,500.
"Unlock all the doors in Still Creek"
There are five locked doors in Still Creek; the Still Creek Pawnshop, the rear door of the Still Creek Movie Theater, the front doors of the Sheriff's Office, Bob's Fish 'n Hunt, and the shed to the east of the Big Buck Hardware store. Once Case 0-3: Broken Bike is complete, Dick Jones will appear outside the Brockett Gas Station and will open the Still Creek Pawnshop after he is rescued. The front door of the Still Creek Movie Theater is open, so simply enter this and exit through the rear. The Sheriff's Office and Bob's Fish 'n Hunt are only accessible via auxiliary entrances; see the above directions for acquiring Shotguns. The shed requires the Shed Key. Once opened, these doors will remain unlocked for the remainder of the playthrough; unlock all five in the same playthrough to get the Achievement.
Part Way ThereEdit
"Find and return a bike part"
There are five parts. Bring one to the bike after completing Case 0-3: Broken Bike.
- The Gasoline Canister is located by the pumps at the Brockett Gas Station.
- The Wheel is available from the Still Creek Pawnshop for $5,000.
- The Bike Forks are located in the shed to the east of the Big Buck Hardware store, accessed by the Shed Key located in the upper floor of the Still Creek Hotel.
- The Handle Bars are in the possession of Jason Wong, who is using it as a weapon during Handle With Care. Trade him a Broadsword from Bob's Fish 'n Hunt or kill him to get it.
- The Engine is located in an alley between Ed's Friendly Barber Shop and the Still Creek Movie Theater.
Ready to RideEdit
"Rebuild the bike"
Small Town, Deep PocketsEdit
"Spend $100,000 in the pawnshop"
This achievement is recorded and allocated over all the games played in the same file. So if you spent $25,000 and beat the game, restarting the story will only require you to get $75,000 more and spend it. You have to spend the money for it to be recorded. The best item to grab is the Zombrex since it is worth an even 25,000.
Easy ways to get the money is to go to the Still Creek Casino and smash all the ATMs and the Casino Games. You can choose to actually play them, but the payout is low compared to taking a Spiked Bat to them. Just return to the safe room door, enter, leave and the Casino games plus ATM are respawned in perfect condition.
Another way (or a faster way paired with above) is to do Gemini's quests. First, saving her nets $15,000 instantly. Obtaining the gems will get you another $15,000, they are located next to a yellow car in the Quarantine Area and slightly glow yellow. Just give them to her and you will get $30,000 total in rewards, and net a bunch of PP.
We Ride To Fortune CityEdit
"Escape Still Creek with Katey"
Still Creek SaviorEdit
"Save all the survivors in Still Creek"
There are ten survivors.
- Dick Jones appears on top of a van outside the Brockett Gas Station once Case 0-3: Broken Bike begins, surrounded by zombies. Kill the zombies and escort him to the Still Creek Pawnshop.
- Fausto Vargas and Gemini Vargas appear at The Dirty Drink once Win Some Lose Some begins. Fausto will need to be bribed with Beer or Whiskey before he joins. Escort them to the Brockett Gas Station.
- Nikki Valentino and Tia Hernandaz appear at the Grumpy Dog Bowling Alley once The Morning After begins. They will not leave unless you retrieve their friend, Sharon Riesinger, from the Quarantine Zone. You will need to give her a dose of Zombrex before she will agree to leave. Additional Zombrex is available at the Still Creek Pawnshop for $25,000. She is hurt, and must be carried. Return to the Grumpy Dog Bowling Alley and Nikki and Tia will join you. Escort them to the Brockett Gas Station.
- Archie Eaton and Jason Wong will appear behind Uncle Bill's Department Store once Handle With Care begins. Neither will join until you kill the zombies attacking them and exchange the Handle Bars Archie is using as a weapon for a Broadsword from Bob's Fish 'n Hunt. Escort them to the Brockett Gas Station.
- Darcie Blackrock will appear inside Bob's Fish 'n Hunt once Above the Law (Case Zero) begins. Speak to her and she will ask you to bring Bob Blackrock to her. Do so and both will join. Escort them to the Brockett Gas Station.
"Kill 1,000 zombies"
Another self-explanatory achievement. Just hack away at zombies until you reach 1000. Spiked Bats, Shotguns, I.E.D.s and Queens are again helpful in killing off a massive amount of zombies. Throwing a Queen into a crowd of zombies can get close to 50 kills. The simplest method is to make repeated circles through Still Creek, using the Utility Cart you get at the quarantine zone at the beginning of Case 0-3: Broken Bike to run down zombies, as it is the only unbreakable item in the game.
"Kill 100 zombies"
- The description of the achieved "Locksmith" is a reference to the original Resident Evil (also made by Capcom). A character named Barry Burton gives his S.T.A.R.S. team-mate Jill Valentine a set of lockpicks telling her that she should use them because she is the "master of unlocking". This is one of the most famous Resident Evil quotes.
|Weapons - Locations - Characters|
|Case 0-1 - Case 0-2 - Case 0-3 - Case 0-4 - Zombrex 1 - Military Arrival|
|Above The Law - Gemini's Request - Handle With Care - The Mechanic - The Morning After - Win Some Lose Some|
|Chuck's Notebook - Achievements|