Co-op is a newr for players to play as, they are able to import a Chuck from their game files.
- You are able to set your game to Public, meaning that anyone on Xbox Live or PSN will be able to try to access your game, or Private, meaning that only friends can join your game.
- You are able to play the entire game in Co-op but be wary of timed missons because both players need to be near a door to leave an area.
- A loss of all health will not result in a game over. If one player gets downed, the other player will have to get food in a certain amount of time or the downed player will die. If both players are downed then the primary player, who's hosting the game has the option to load a previous save, restart the story or quit, while the secondary player is only given the option to quit.
- In Dead Rising 2 both players play as Chuck Greene. Case West, on the other hand, has the host player controlling Chuck Greene and the visiting one controlling Frank West.
- Off the Record works the opposite way: the host player controls Frank West and the visiting one controls Chuck Greene. Oddly enough, the version of Chuck featured in Co-op mode (clean-shaven and sane) is very different from the hard-drinking psychopath who appears in the standard game.
- In a case of friendly fire, the two characters will shout insults, saying things like "Are you blind?" and "Get out of the way old man" to each other.
- If both Co-op players have the celebrate skill move then if the two players are close to each other when they use it they will do a jump and double high five.
- When a survivor is recruited in Co-op mode, it sometimes takes considerably longer for them to officially join the party.
- A mysterious glitch sometimes occurs in Co-Op mode, which causes the weapon one player is using to become either indestructible or very nearly so (on one occasion, a Paddlesaw lasted over 25 times longer than usual. This can happen to any items that can use an attack repeatedly when the attack button is held down, such as the parasil or paddlesaw.