- "I can't stand the idea of just disappearing. So... Take my picture? I want you to take what's beautiful about me and put it inside your camera."
- —Cheryl, on asking Frank for a favor
Cheryl Jones is a survivor appearing in Dead Rising and Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop. She is found in Colby's Movieland during the scoop A Strange Group. She has been held captive by the True Eye cult.
Cheryl has been captured by the True Eye cult and is locked inside a storage closet. She is about to be sacrificed by Sean Keanan, leader of the cult, when Frank arrives to their rescue. After Sean is killed, Frank frees Cheryl and the four other hostages. He then convinces them to follow him back to the Security Room.
After being rescued, she will wait in the room with the blue door. When Ronald Shiner complains about the lack of food, he rallies up the other survivors in the same room, including Cheryl, to head out and look for food. If Frank does not stop Ronald's mutiny, Cheryl will leave the Security Room along with the other survivors in the same room. They will no longer count towards the number of rescued survivors.
Cheryl asks for Frank to do her a favor - to capture her on film. When Frank asks why, she answers that she has no idea how things will turn out and she does not want to die without leaving an image of herself behind. She poses in a series of provocative poses while Frank photographs her.
Depending on the ending, Cheryl was either rescued by Ed DeLuca, taken into custody by the Special Forces and possibly killed to cover up the Willamette incident, escaped with Otis Washington and the other survivors, or killed by Carlito Keyes's bombs.
- Join Bonus: 25,000 PP
- Escort Complete Bonus: 50,000 PP
- Request Fulfilled Bonus: 10,000 PP
- There are zombies that look very similar to Cheryl.
- Cheryl is the only survivor in the game whose face can score Erotica bonus.
- Cheryl is the survivor who has appeared in the most scoops - she is directly involved in A Strange Group, Ronald's Appetite, and Cheryl's Request, and appears in a photograph in Cut From the Same Cloth.
- Cheryl holds the distinction of being one of five survivors, the others being Frank West, Dr. Barnaby, Isabela Keyes and Kent, who escaped the initial Entrance Plaza outbreak alive. Though she is notably not present in the ground floor, a picture of her taken by Kent shows her in the area, indicating she may have sought appropriate refuge just before the break in.
- She shares her surname with Dick Jones, a character in Dead Rising 2: Case Zero.