- "Chuck, I've got some bad new... Hey!...what are you do...Chuck, this is Sullivan. This Jared guy in room 2, says he needs some Zombrex. Pronto. You better do something about this, or I'm afraid I'll have to...Bro, I don't feel so good. I came to party, not to freakin' eat the party, man. I need some Zombrex, dude. Bad."
- —Stacey, Sullivan, and Jared
- "Frank, you better bring some more Zombrex for Jared. Sullivan says that he’ll do whatever he has to, if you don’t get back here soon."
- —Stacey Forsythe (Off The Record Version)
The message screen for this mission states:
Since Jared was bitten before being saved, he requires Zombrex. He will be in the lounge, isolated from the other survivors, guarded by Sullivan and waiting for the medicine. When Chuck gives him the Zombrex, he will thank him for saving his life again.
If Jared does not get the Zombrex in time, he will be shot and killed by Raymond Sullivan to prevent him from turning into a zombie and infecting other survivors.
- Dialogue of the mission in the Off the Record game files. All text may not be actually used in the final game.
Bro, I don't feel so good. I came to party, not to freakin' eat the party, man. I need some Zombrex, dude. Bad.
Alright! You ... saved my life. I ... love you, man.
Just wanted to get to you before you started getting hungry.
You're funny, man! Thanks again, dude. You spot any hot girls out there?
I told you to be careful with who you bring in here, Frank. Everyone's at risk now!
If you'da been late, Frank, things coulda got real ugly. Glad you made it.
You were too late, Frank. The infection spread. It ... it had to be done.
- If Chuck stands behind Jared in the cafeteria so he can see the hallway outside, particularly the spot where Sullivan stands at (the stairway leading to the vent), once Chuck gives Jared the Zombrex, completing the mission, Sullivan will teleport to his usual spot.
- There is unused text in the game text file, immediately after the Chemical Dependency used mission text, which appears to show that at one point Jared became a zombie and infected everyone in the safe house. Resulting in Sullivan having to put all the saved safe house survivors down.
No ... Jared?
All of 'em. Dead. All there is to it. Infection spread. End of story.
All of them? Sullivan, what did...
Horrible, but we had to ensure the safety of everyone. I'm afraid it was necessary, Frank. (this line, 65603, appears in missions.txt)