|Dead Rising||Dead Rising 2||Dead Rising 3|
|This article is in need of (better) pictures.|
The chainsaw is a weapon found in Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. A chainsaw (or chain saw) is a portable mechanical saw, powered by a two-stroke engine. It is used in tree felling and to harvest firewood.
This saw can be combined with:
The chainsaw is a heavy weapon and cannot be stored in the inventory, and injury will cause Chuck to drop it. Like the Cement Saw, Chuck can potentially injure zombies by bumping into them with the chainsaw's engine running.Certain magazines will cause it to last longer.
- Main: Tap to swing the chainsaw from right to left in a parallel arc.
- Combo: During the main attack, tap to swing the chainsaw from left to right in a parallel arc.
- Alternate Hold and Chuck twirls around in a circle with the chainsaw.
- Big Buck Hardware (2)
- Americana Casino - Bennie Jack's BBQ Shack
- Fortune Park - Main Area
- Palisades Mall - Grotto
- Palisades Mall - Kid's Choice Clothing (P209)
- Silver Strip - Stage Area (on high steel girders)
- Silver Strip - Maintenance Room to the right of Hot Excitorama
- South Plaza - Main Floor
- South Plaza - Upper Platforms
- South Plaza - Maintenance Room southernmost corridor
- Underground Tunnels
- Underground Tunnels - Secret Lab (on the ceiling vent)
- Underground Tunnels - Warehouse B
- It is very possible it is based off a Stihl brand chainsaw.
- You can get a special variant by beating Randy Tugman, it will respawn at the Swept Away chapel.
- InDead Rising 2: Off The Record, it has a blue colour scheme, along with the Cement Saw.