- "Chuck, I'm worried for Rebecca! This source may be more than she can handle on her own. You'd better get to the Shoal Nightclub at the Yucatan fast!"
- —Stacey, on the Transceiver
Case 4-1: The Source is a case in which Chuck meets Amber and Crystal in a nightclub. Amber and Crystal have made Rebecca their hostage and wield katanas. They're pretty fast and they have good moves. Before facing them, make sure to bring plenty of food. There is only alcohol everywhere, so if you get hurt you can drink those, but you'll get sick if you drink too much; this includes cocktails. You may also only focus on one twin because if you kill one, the other one kills herself.
- It is virtually essential that you focus all of your energies on one of the twins, since the battle ends as soon as one of them falls. Aside from avoiding her attacks, simply ignore the other.
- Since you are very likely to take significant damage in this encounter, before you walk into the nightclub, head over to the bar. Once there, use the blender to create two or three cups of the Painkiller drink (Beer + Beer). This allows Chuck to half any damage for one minute.
- The best way to kill one of the twins is to get the combo card for the Super Slicer (Lawnmower + Servbot Mask) and make one at the second floor Maintenance Room in Palisades Mall (which is next door to the Yucatan). Carry it with you to the case, and use the alternate attack (hold X/Square) to charge through the zombies outside the Shoal Club. Then, use the same attack on the twin of your choice. One charge alone can take out over half of their life in one hit most of the time. If you manage to keep this up, the fight will be extremely easy. This strategy has been independently tested, and it's confirmed: it works, but ONLY if you have the combo card. If you don't, you can make the weapon, but you can't use the alternate attack.
- Dead Rising 2 -(03:09)
- Defeating them by melee works very well. Remember to take a fast weapon (the Driller is about the closest thing in the game to a definitive anti-psychopath tool) and land a few strikes before running/jumping away to dodge. Dodging may be a little tricky, since they run quite fast, but it can be done with a bit of practice. If you wait too long, the twin will clobber you with a backflip kick. When the both of them are close together, get clear of them or else one of them will certainly hit you. They usually run away after hitting you two or three times, you can use this to heal. It's easy to deal damage to them, but avoiding their counterattacks is hard, so bring one good weapon and a few healing items and you should be fine.
- Another strategy that has been used to easily defeat the twins, involves 2 or more shotguns. The shotguns can be found at the gun shop in Palisades Mall and one can be found behind the counter across from the night club. In order to defeat the twins, you use the shotgun (in the aiming view) and target one of the twins as they each charge you. It should take around 25-30 shots to kill one of them, or you could stay behind the bar, and beat them with the spiked bat when they come around.
- If you prefer fighting at a distance, grab a Light Machine Gun from the previous case where you had to stop the vaults from being drilled open (or go into the middle of the Yucatan Casino and climb to the top of the Tiki Statue, where you will find an LMG and a Zombrex, if you have not already taken it). Make your way to the nightclub, but before you enter, be sure to grab the shotgun underneath the counter opposite from the nightclub's entrance. Immediately after the cut scene, drink a painkiller (if you have one), then pull out the machine gun and have your way with either twin. Once the machine gun is out of ammo, switch to the shotgun. You should be able to finish off whichever twin you were working on with a few blasts from the shotgun.
- Knife Gloves (Bowie Knife + Boxing Gloves) are also a really easy way to kill the twins. As long as you only attack either Amber or Crystal, it should kill them in 5 - 15 hits. If you have more than 6 health, then you shouldn't need to heal at all during the battle.
- Another tactic is to use a Freedom Bear (Robot Bear + LMG). Put the Freedom Bear in one of the corners and make the Twins follow you to its line of fire. Note, however, that the Freedom Bear is difficult to take through the moras of zombies outside the club, and also that it can be damaged or destroyed.
- Another tactic is to fetch the shotgun behind the counter just before you go in and once in run to the bar, jump up and stand on the lower edge. Sometimes they will run up to attack you, then pause, allowing you to engage them with the shotgun.
- Another tactic is right before the battle is to make pain killer and quickstep mixed juices.
- Yet another good tactic is to get the Gem Blower (Gems + Leaf Blower) and sucsessfully bring it to the mission. If you can't, try one of the other tactics above.
- In the case file, it will show a picture of Crystal over Amber's corpse for the picture, even if you killed Crystal instead of Amber.
- This case shares a similar name with Another source, case 4-1 from Dead Rising.
- Even though the twins will NOT target Rebecca at all, if you lure their attacks on her, she will take damage, so its wise to avoid fighting them near Rebecca.