- "Chuck, there's a fire at the Fortune City Arena. It looks like some people are trapped in one of the dressing rooms."
- —Stacey Forsythe
Chuck receives a call about a couple trapped in a burning room in the Fortune City Arena. The pair, Elrod Bumpkins and Trixie-Lynn Horton, are heard calling for help behind some flames. They have apparently started a fire in the doorway to keep the zombies out, but are unable to escape due to leaving the extinguisher on the other side of the door. Chuck must put the fire out with the extinguisher in order to rescue them from the burning room.
Once the fire is extinguished, the pair will join Chuck to evacuate to the Safe House.
- Dialogue of the mission in the Off the Record game files. All text may not be actually used in the final game.
Dammit, Trixie-Lynn! Why dint you brang that fire 'stinguisher in here!?
HURRY! PLEASE! It's hotter'n hell's basement in 'ere!
Whew. Thank ya kindly, pard'ner.
What happened in here?
Me an' the wife, Trixie-Lynn, we tried to keep them zombies away.
We dun figured that they didn't like fire all too much, so we would build a door made outta fire to keep 'em out.
Didn't really figure too much on how a fire door wouldn't open to let us out.
But thanks all the same. From now on, you're as good as kin in Elrod's book.
Thanks fer puttin out the fire, hun.
No problem. Let's get outta here.
Whoa, what's your hurry? You may have put one fire out, but a handsome man like yourself seems to have lit another one under lil' ol' me.
UNUSED: You've got real purdy eyes. *giggle*
- This mission is a reference to William Faulkner's short story "Barn Burning".
- The debris set on fire include several protestor signs, suggesting that Elrod's and Trixie-Lynn's attitude towards the zombie-rights group CURE.
- The water gun can be used as an alternative method of putting out the flames.