Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "Every time I come shopping with you, something happens to raise my blood pressure!"
- —Alan arguing with Kathy.
- Main article: 72 Hour Mode (Dead Rising)
Alan was first seen arguing with his wife Kathy in the Entrance Plaza. He blamed her for their present predicament. She then accused him of infidelity, and he replied he couldn't wait to see the look on her face when the zombies get her.
When the zombies broke into the plaza, he attempted to defend himself with a 2" x 4" and head for the stairs, but was killed before he could reach safety.
- Main article: Infinity Mode
In Infinity Mode, Alan appears in CD Crazy at North Plaza from 0:19:00 to 1:00:00 and is armed with Lead Pipe. In his equipment he carries a Step Ladder, a Cleaver, a Bowling Ball, a Shovel and Raw Meat.
- Alan is scripted to follow Kathy, who is scripted to head for the stairs during the zombie break in. However, sometimes she may only do this when shoved in some way either by Frank or a zombie. If Alan is forced away from Kathy (i.e. via Hammer Throw attack), he will quickly rush back to her side whether she is still alive or not, sometimes mumbling "Sounds too hard..."
- In the event the two actually do make it to the stairs, they will stop halfway up and, and despite being safe, will still be classed as Dead in the notebook. Further information: Introduction (Entrance_Plaza)#Rescuing Alan and Kathy
- Despite their argument, Alan and Kathy are the only pair to remain close to each other after the zombies break in.
- He is one of the few survivors that fight back during the zombie break in.
- In the beta version of Dead Rising, Alan was featured in a scoop called A Woman With Secrets, and was found in McHandy's Hardware with another woman named Rachel. 
- Despite his death being unpreventable, his picture is ironically used for the Saint achievement.