|Dead Rising||Dead Rising 2||Dead Rising 3||Dead Rising 4|
Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
It is a guitar that relies on acoustic methods to project sound. It is a six-stringed wooden guitar, one of the four guitars in Dead Rising. Frank can swing around the guitar, which can cause massive damage to zombies. When swung, it can clear a large area in front of Frank, but unfortunately he needs a second or two to recover after whacking some zombies. There are four types of guitars:
The acoustic guitar may cause more damage, while the electric guitar is a bit faster as its recovery time is about half of the Acoustic's.
While all of the guitars are effectively the same, each type has a different set of animations for their attacks. The Acoustic Guitar has sort of a "stabbing" motion in front of Frank.
- Main: Tap the button to swing the acoustic guitar. Tap the button in succession to perform a three hit combo, by swinging the acoustic guitar right, left, then jabbing it forward.
- Alternate: Hold down the button to jab the acoustic guitar forward.
- Thrown: Hold down the trigger and press the button to throw the acoustic guitar.
- When the acoustic guitar hits a target, it will emit sounds that are made by playing an acoustic guitar.
- Its effectiveness can be increased by the Entertainment book.
- ↑ Dead Rising:Items Guide, GameFAQs, March 23, 2008.
- ↑ Dead Rising: Weapon Guide, GameFAQs, (November 11, 2006).